ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I bought a 172 cup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Uncomfortable Yep. But bloody great fun. I have a feeling I may like this car a lot.

Swapped the induction kit over to my standard airbox and panel filter, should be a bit nicer to drive.

Organised replacement springs and shocks which will be here by thur/Friday.

Then off to get Cambelt, dephaser, water pump, oil and filter, possible discs and pads next week all being well. Only have the track beast to use for work, should be interesting. New wheels going on the Monaco so will upload pics then. All going to plan so far :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Refined lol. In a good way though to be fair. Just jump in it and away you go so to speak. I've given it a couple of squirts of the loud pedal and it goes well enough. Will give it a proper run after the work gets done, be next week at a guess before I get it back. I like the car and 'had' contemplated selling the Monaco, but I cant.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
you just need a trophy and a v6 now m8,nice trophy on ebay and v6 but im holding back might turbo the cup soon

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to getting the car back Thursday after the work.

Dephaser, timing belt kit, water pump, ball joint, wheel bearing, oil change, cup shocks, Apex springs, tracking, a few other bits and bobs.

Will be tackling my headlights Thursday all being well. Will update with pics etc

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Got the buffer primed and ready for tomo weather permitting. If all goes well will be doing the Monaco lights too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will stick some before and after pics. Tbh I'm not holding out much hope. My expectations of having gleaming lights are slim. There's more chance of spitting my dummy out and launching the polisher. Then realising it's not mine and would have been cheaper to just buy new ones, lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What a real pita

Before

C7144CF0-38B9-4ECE-81F1-ED9DE91EDF93_zpslqrbjrff.gif

During

BE75F423-3D82-4AB0-8FE0-DC839BFCBC17_zpsx5m2zbzu.gif

Old vs new

881FB98F-C74A-4102-B73A-0BAFD0163B9D_zps32iydrn7.gif

BD6139F9-EDE6-4E1F-A5FB-BABD061D4B85_zps78ezy8sm.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Car is back from all the work, driving and looking well. Swapped the coilovers back over to cup shocks and apex springs, drives fine. Also bought a tuner to eliminate the cold start malarky.

90448B4E-4253-4425-96DE-576B711C98ED_zpsatzur2pp.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Although cups look cool lowered (really cool!) they look much more purposeful when they're at a normal-ish height.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I'm happy with how it sits and all being well I won't be putting my hand in my pocket too soon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm actually quite impressed how it handles with the Apex springs. Imo opinion they are not nearly as bad as I was led to think. Yeah it's a bit bumpy but no more so than cooksports or the sportlines. Of which Ive had on previous clios.