ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so collected the new car

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Why they do a 1.3 16V sport version of the IQ has always puzzled me.

Design wise i love the IQ but as a car its not for me.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
People who buy cars like these rule. Means i'll enjoy my bike that little bit longer before oil runs out. Thanks and enjoy the IQ.

clio 16v
yes it has 17 inch alloys.

Also the 11 sec to 60 is a lie, Im not taking it above 4k and im getting there quicker then 11ish. Also first gear it feels like its on speed lol.

Im must say we have owned alot of cars and this is by far my favourite.

Cooper S
Do you prefer the turbo? Whats the delivery like?

It not bad mate, find it very smooth after a couple of RS'. Smooth power delivery and for the performance very good on running costs. Charged version is definately more fun and better sounding but overall I like it.

pmsl @ what you're saying... perhaps he doesn't want a 197?

I was merely stating what performance etc you can get for not much more money...Nothing personal.. As for him not wanting a 197, obviously I didn't want one either ;)

I'm really hoping that the 13,5k price tag that people have quoted is some sort of inside joke that I don't get . . .

Cup and R6
Means i'll enjoy my bike that little bit longer before oil runs out.

Here Here 2 Wheels FTW

but to the OP, good on you for going out there and getting a car you want, you might have spent a bit on the car but youll save a shed load on running costs, ignore the people on here that take the piss out of you for it, theyre jealous :eek:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£13.5k i think i'd pay 6 for it.

How much will it be worth in a year to?

£13.5k i think i'd pay 6 for it.

How much will it be worth in a year to?

Apparently they are pretty good depreciation wise.

Can think of other cars I'd spend 13.5k on though. My mums one is mega slow, no wonder it gets 60mpg, it struggles to reach 60mph!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
1363325-1.jpg

This ^^^^ is a Vauxhall Monaro 6.0 VXR.

With 400bhp & a huge V8, it sounds truly epic.

It costs £12,495 & is on Pistonheads right now.

Unfortunately, you just paid more for a Toyota IQ.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I'm really hoping that the 13,5k price tag that people have quoted is some sort of inside joke that I don't get . . .

Option for you JD?

I seriously doubt it is as quick as you say, it probably feels quicker than it is because it is smaller than one of my testes.

They really aren't fast at all, but thats not the point of them.. They are a city car, cheap to run, park anywhere.

If you want fast, buy something else.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
My point is that I don't like it, and think it is overpriced.

Or am I not allowed to say that?

Have to agree with Craigus and Dave;
  • It's brand new, which means massive depreciation
  • It's tiny, so 13.5k for that is hilarious
  • It might be economical, but so is a 306 HDI
  • If people are worried about travelling in London or large cities with parking, tolls and MPG, why not follow everyone else and get the tube/cycle/public transport?
Not points against the OP, but just my thought process/opinion.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Have to agree with Craigus and Dave;
  • It's brand new, which means massive depreciation
  • It's tiny, so 13.5k for that is hilarious
  • It might be economical, but so is a 306 HDI
  • If people are worried about travelling in London or large cities with parking, tolls and MPG, why not follow everyone else and get the tube/cycle/public transport?
Not points against the OP, but just my thought process/opinion.

Thanks, basically what I was trying to say, you have a way with words :eek: x

Turbos.
I understand the point.

But over 3 years, it would still have been far cheaper for him to buy a '00 740i Sport with all the toys & live with 18mpg ...

Buying new = epic depreciation fail imho.

How would you park 7 Series in a small parking space in the centre of town?

In my Smart i can park end on into parking bays, spaces no other car (apart from maybe the iQ) would get in. In busy traffic, i can easily dart in and out of spaces and no one cares because "Ahh bless, it's a little Smart."

So, you know what i'm talking about, something like a 7 Series is a ridiculous comparison for the role i need the car to take. I could get a cheaper, second hand hatchback but they still don't get in the tiniest of spaces, and certainly don't come close to spec.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

In my Smart i can park end on into parking bays, spaces no other car (apart from maybe the iQ) would get in. In busy traffic, i can easily dart in and out of spaces and no one cares because "Ahh bless, it's a little Smart."

So, you know what i'm talking about, something like a 7 Series is a ridiculous comparison for the role i need the car to take. I could get a cheaper, second hand hatchback but they still don't get in the tiniest of spaces, and certainly don't come close to spec.

Exactly, you have a smart, how much is it worth?

Besides, driving in London hardly has time to use the 'toys' in an iQ anyway.

Exactly. Some people just want something small, cheap etc.. Not a Monaro FFS.

As for buying new, its the same old arguement. Can't compare new with old when the OP wanted a NEW car..

Turbos.
Agreed, some people just like having a new car. Don't knock it, or our economy would be screwed...

My Smart was £12k, so almost as much for an even smaller car! It does have a spec that most people wouldn't care for, like the convertible option, paddle shift etc. But, that's what i wanted and it certainly isn't something a 306 HDI can offer!

Fair enough he wants a new car. But if the OP is worried about parking spaces, cycle/walk/use public transport or a taxi.

When I go to London, I train it. When I go to a small town or village, I'll drive. Depends on what the OP is looking for.

Still can't get over 13.5k.

Turbos.
Public transport? Eww.

Don't really take photos of the Smart TBH, just one from the showroom when it was picked up.

P1050912.jpg

I'm not really sure why the OP started the thread in all honesty, he was only ever going to get slated!