ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So angry with myself!

I was dropping off a friend today, pulled up by the side of his road (which ive never been down before) and let him out. It was a dead end, and I had to spin it round to get out, so a quick check out the rear window said it was all clear. I swung back to make use of what looked like a wide double driveway, and smacked centre rear straight into a wooden fence post.

Damage is one smashed rear reflector strip (thing at the bottom of the tailgate), a 1.5 inch vertical dent in the tailgate (not deep though, the tiniest bit of filler needed if any), and cracked/ridged bumper.

Im angry because Im normally so careful, and have been especially careful since I bought this car (only 9 days ago! :cry:)

Anyone got any similar tales to make me feel less of a spanner, or any recommendations for a bodyshop in south Essex?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I was once cleaning out my boot and got a bit bored of it so I went in to watch something and nothing on tv - fell asleep.

All ready to goto work in the morning - reversed up the drive - crash bang wallop! Ran over my parcel shelf, speakers all the stuff that was in my boot and dented/almost ripped off my bumper.

spanner? Im a full bloody set!

erm theres Rices in Chelmsford, Essex where i got my corsa repaired after one of my numb nut mates thought its be funny to try and set off my alarm by hip checking my car and puttin his fat arse grove in the boot!

so sorry to hear about your car! i know a good bodyshop in hertfordshire but it probley no good for you! Sorry!!!

Cheers guys.. made me feel a bit better!

Thanks for that clare, will get on the case in the morning. Cant face it now lol

Hopefully can buy the bumper from the For Sale forum (cheers John!!) and be on my way to a happy Willy again!

Laguna 2, Westfield

Sorry to hear that matey..

Pukka Bodyshop - Main road body repairs in South Woodham Ferrers - 01245 320177 seen their work many times, and the paint match you get is totally perfect.

Did i see you are from Billericay in another post ? im about 10 mins from you. close to brentwood, might see you about ;)

Cheers MarkRS.. Yeah from Billericay, work near Brentwood though so theres a good chance we will fly past each other!!

Race ya? ;) LoL

Its all about the straight mile (you know it?)

Renault Clio Sport V6 255

Sods Law mate, always happens when you get a new car!

Anyway, pop over the road (literally!) if you want to know where I had the bits and pieces done on my Williams 3, the guys only just down the road, Ill take you down there if you need a quote.

Sods law is about right.. Best mate had a brick fall off a truck onto his brand new car about 2 weeks after taking delivery!!

Had a recommendation from GTi Girl and night.icon for a local guy for the bodywork, but it cant hurt to get a couple of quotes. The work you had done isnt even noticeable so they must be good..

Will pop by tomorrow eve and have a chat!