ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snow foam/lance? cleaning tips

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
getting my free karcher jet wash monday from tesco. cant wait to get some snow foam and give my car a blast.

1. do i NEED a hd snow lance or is it just recomended?
(my dad does have some bottle at home for his jet wash, if they fitted could i use them)?

2. Do people wash there car with bucket then foam it then wash again?

3. how long do people leave it on for?

4. whats the difference between citus and normal snow foam. just smell or does it work better?

thanks for any help give im only used too the 2 bucket with autoglym

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Not much help on the Lance Question but i just picked up my PW from tescos insurance and spent the day lookng for things to wash LOL

So far i have done the car, the shed and the garden bench, Now im contemplating sitting in the shead while sniping next doors cat with it LOL

1. do i NEED a hd snow lance or is it just recomended?
You dont NEED one but from what i have seen they are pretty good

2. Do people wash there car with bucket then foam it then wash again?
AFAIK Foam, rinse foam again, 2 bucket, Dry etc etc

3. how long do people leave it on for?
Depends how dirty the car is I would guess? 5 - 10 min ?

4. whats the difference between citus and normal snow foam. just smell or does it work better?
Citrus will probably cut through road grime, bugs etc a bit better as would imagine its a bit stronger?

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
SO FOAM IT THEN WASH IT, quality thanks mate. i will see if my dad thing will work b4 i order one. then i can also sit in the shed shooting cats, or even my neighbours budges lol

2.0 Auris
What I do is PW the car Foam it let it dwell for 5 mins rinse it off foam it again and wash using the Two bucket method one bucket with clean water to rise the mitt and one with shampoo and a lambswool wash mitt.

Mito Sportiva 135
As above, but 3 bucket method just to be on the safe side.

Foam lance in action:

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

You can also foam a second time and then use the mit and shampoo with that if you want although don't do that myself. Definitely worth buying although they do still seem expensive for what they actually are though I think.