ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton Photos

Turbos.
This was a LOT event so mainly Lotuses. My dad's has recently had a rebuilt k-series (230bhp instead of 190bhp), a central seat and the engine bay is now full of gold (looks like wrapping paper to me...) to reflect some heat! Pushing the crash out of my mind, it was a great day with some nice cars out there...

P1050104.jpg

P1050108.gif

P1050111.gif

P1050114.gif

P1050116.gif

P1050118.gif

P1050146.gif

P1050153.gif

P1050130.gif

P1050119.jpg

P1050124.jpg

P1050152.jpg

P1050156.jpg

P1050163.jpg

P1050164.jpg

P1050157.jpg

P1050158.gif

P1050159.jpg

P1050161.gif

Turbos.
Nothing specific, Britcars and AMOC so far... were sharing a double header at Silverstone soon which is with the LOT series.

Megane Trophy
Nice nice!

Did you see a red Juno out there yesterday? Number 1?

Were at snetterton next weekend which is the LOT race weekend too so feel free to come and say hello!

Ive just joined LOT for trackdays in the R400 as realised there about half the price of everyone else! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That white Exige is bloody awesome!!

And Central seat??? Bit extreme isn't it??

172, Tiguan
Nice pics Rob. Sorry to hear about the cars - both back and running soon I hope!

LOT days seem to have got a hell of a lot more serious than the last one i went to!!

Turbos.
Cheers Jon. To be fair i just couldn't be bothered to take photos of boggo Elises, there were still loads of normal cars about.

Snotter's
not trying to sound like a t**t but made your Dad keep the k series lump over an engine swap? Was it to race in a particular class??

Turbos.
Well, he wantsto keep the car original mainly. Also, we're commited to getting better as drivers, more power will only disguise our own failings. It was the quickest car today and the Honda Exiges have upto 150bhp more...

Tungy
How do you rate the track mate? Might be going in September for a french car day with C16V. I am a bit of a novice as only been on track at Rockingham before but did quite well. Is it very straight as the aerial pics make it look, or is it nice and twistie too? Anything you can let me know will be good.

Thanks Brad

Turbos.
Yes, it is central seat. Just flip over the steering rack and re-route the gearbox cables and pedal box really.

Snetterton does look quite boring looking at it, but it is a good circuit. The first corner has two apexes (one that you miss) which is interesting. The bombhole is quite well known for being fun and the surrounding corners are entertaining too.

Tungy
Cool. Might give it a go if nI've got the fundage. Just have to make sure I don't turn up on a Lotus day or ownage! lol

Turbos.
Well, LOT is good actually because it is not for profit and so cheap...

Besides, most Elises on track are slow as feck and they are very sensible. Having said that i want to blame one of them as the reason for me crashing LOL.

Turbos.
That Porsche door was actually amazing. Beautifully made, very light, and yet still made that solid 'thunk' when you closed it.

Turbos.
I crashed my dad's Motorsport Elise (the blue and orange one) into the back of CSL.

Just found out parts for the CSL will be about £2k, a bit less than i expected. The Elise has a spare clam but requires a new headlight.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Great pics mate, some awesome lookin bits of kit there :) And huge congrats on been quickest car, despite a 150bhp deficit!

Read the other thread about the crash! Unlucky, but don't let it get you down, sh1t happens :)

Dan

Last edited:
  Turbos.
IIRC it is connected by 4 bolts opposed to welded. If it gets too expensive i will bodge some bits and replace as and when i get the money!

Snotter's
They are welded on mate, just checked an inspection sheet from BMW and it states they are welded on so could be a bummer.

Maybe go aftermarket as you said.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
IIRC it is connected by 4 bolts opposed to welded. If it gets too expensive i will bodge some bits and replace as and when i get the money!

Ah come on dude, don't be so modest, I'm sure the Englebert bank account can stomach it hehe ;) I was gonna post a link to Youtube now and a cool aftermarket one, but they're all this Gruppe M, and personally, I think it makes it sound like a Honda Civic :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qtn4npzzans&feature=related

Dan