ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped wheel nuts

Renault clio 1.2 16V 2004
I have a very big problem, cahnged my wheel to my spare, in doing so i somehow managed to snap the wheel nut. There is now half a nut still in the hole but flush with the brake disc!!!!!! Tried to get it out, didnt work. Any recommendations? Cheapest ideas first, guessing im fu**ed

I thought about that. One thing i need to know is, will i still be able to remove the brake disc with the nut in, or is it now stuck to the car?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Either drill it out and re-tap it or get a mate to spot weld a heavy duty nut to it, then undo as per usual.

I've snapped loads off on old bangers that i've bought in the past.

Clio200 EDC Lux
got access to a mig welder? If so build up some weld on the back of it then you turn it with mole grips etc.

1.6 focus zetec....
I would have thought you could still get the disc off without getting that bolt out as there isnt no thread on the discs.... May i ask why you ask this question though??

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
As said yes it should... its held on by 3/4 torx bolts iirc!!

Is it just to change the disc or are you thinking about leaving it like that??

if i cant get studs out, i will have to buy new discs so will have to get them off, and if i drill them out id have to take the disc off the car anyway wudn i. So either way its coming off!!!!

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol dont worry about it mate.... take it to a wheel place if you dont want to do it yourself, cant see it being too much and you'll know your brakes are in safe hands!!

Kiza