ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped rear spring on 1.2 16v?

I've just had an MOT done on my car (52-reg) and one of the rear coils has snapped near the bottom. It hasn't affected the ride height but was obviously an MOT failure due to this. Is this a common problem?

If anyone (pref. North West/Manchester area) has standard springs lying about because they've lowered their phase 2 1.2 16v let me know. Normally this would be an excuse to buy a set of lowering springs but I don't want to change the springs and would like to stick to standard for now.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i have a brand new rear spring in the garage (Sheffield) as mine also snapped and was replaced with a new one at the cost of 40 quid! You can have it fer a tenner if you collect :)

www.renparts.co.uk
I've just had an MOT done on my car (52-reg) and one of the rear coils has snapped near the bottom. It hasn't affected the ride height but was obviously an MOT failure due to this. Is this a common problem?

If anyone (pref. North West/Manchester area) has standard springs lying about because they've lowered their phase 2 1.2 16v let me know. Normally this would be an excuse to buy a set of lowering springs but I don't want to change the springs and would like to stick to standard for now.

We do them £15 each + Delivery, Discount for 2.
regards
josh

i have a brand new rear spring in the garage (Sheffield) as mine also snapped and was replaced with a new one at the cost of 40 quid! You can have it fer a tenner if you collect :)

Hi, that sounds perfect, whereabouts in Sheffield are you? I assume it will be the right spring for the car (did the different base models share springs or as some different?).

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
on mine i had all 4 broken great excuise to lower it.
also fail quite a few clios on snaped springs recently on there mots.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
ive got two in my bedroom all boxed up, all i'm looking for is the postage which is £9.50, both came off the same car a 53 plate dynamique.

very common when I was testing 1 out of every 2 clio 2's that came in had at least 1 snapped rear spring.

Savign grace is how easy it is to change, you don't even need to take the wheel off, less than 2 minutes especially with an air gun

very common when I was testing 1 out of every 2 clio 2's that came in had at least 1 snapped rear spring.

Savign grace is how easy it is to change, you don't even need to take the wheel off, less than 2 minutes especially with an air gun

Is it just a case of disconnecting the lower damper bolt and droping the arm to remove?

undo lower damper bolt jack the car up slightly so the spring will pull out. I leave the wheel on and do it on the ground unless its on the ramp for other work.