ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped coil spring 182 FF

Clio sport 182
Right, just thought of something this morning. My MOT is due on friday, and after doing a pre-MOT check on my 182FF i found a few bits that needed doin, one of which was my front o/s coil spring has snapped, so picked up the phone and rang my parts guy and asked for a front coil spring for a 182.
So today is the day i drag my self to do it, and then i had a light bulb moment!!
With mine being an FF isnt the suspension different and is it possible ive ordered the wrong spring? With the ride hieght being lower on the FF to the non cup pack 182??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you've bought a pair then it won't matter but if you've bought just the one you will no doubt notice the difference.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
how much of the spring has snapped? Wont neccesarily fail anymore if its only the end of the spring, say half a coil and its still seated ok.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's at testers discretion and personally I don't like it... Broken coil = spring rate knackered.

Clio sport 182
Id say a good 10inch bit from bottom, its still there but clunks and its peace of mind lol.
Other side is relatively new by inspection aswell, only reason i fancied just doin the one

Clio sport 182
Completely agree ive seen what can happen when the springs come off of the cup.
Cost so far is £35 so dont want it to make any more lol

Clio sport 182
Right im doin the pair but still my question is will the springs be a different ride height or will it be the standard 182 ride hieght.
I want to keep the current ride height at all costs until i finally swap the lot.

Right im doin the pair but still my question is will the springs be a different ride height or will it be the standard 182 ride hieght.
I want to keep the current ride height at all costs until i finally swap the lot.
Cuped vs none cuped the differenece is tiny. Dont worry

Clio sport 182
Ah see thats what i wanted to know before i did it!! Oh well, thanks for the update, ill just use them to get past MOT then ill change
The lot.