ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped a rear arch liner bolt!

I was trying to take the rear bumper off and started with the arch liner, didn't give it much and the bleeding thing snapped off, now one of my liners is flapping about a bit and clashing with the damper.

Is it a BIW bolt/stud? Anybody got any suggestions on how to fix it back in to place? Is it worth getting another stud welded on so I can retain the liner with another washer and nut? Or is there some sort of non-permanent glue I could use?

Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's a welded on stud, you could drill through it and fit a bolt or hold the arch on with some sealant.

Cheers, might try the sealant idea as I'm not sure I can reach through behind to torque up a bolt? Gaffa tape will have to do in the meantime!

Drill through. Bolt from behind boot carpet. Nut. Then arch liner. Then nut

The first nut keeps the bolt there for if you need to remove the arch liner again