ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smt 6 ecu pre mapped for rs

Ph1 172
In the for sale section and now on ebay is this piece of kit:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=280648

Was going to post and ask a few questions, but i am not aloud to post in the for sale section for some reason :dapprove:
So...
1. Is this plug and play for my ph1 172? (is there any wiring todo??)

2. Also the only mods on my car are cat back powerflow exhaust and a panel filter, will I see much gain considering this is for a 182 with lots of mods?

3. Also how much for a remap on one of these? Anyone map them cheap?

thanks guys
tom

speak to GDI, they used to sell and map these back in the day. My car used to have one of these and with very mild cams (standard exhaust cam, just billet and only slightly wilder inlet), inlets, exhaust and decat it made 196bhp after a map. A remap is the only way to get the best out of your mods.

Ph1
Games moved on since the SMT days

Not a bad piece of kit but very few folk know how to map these proper as i found out to my cost when i got a local mapper to have a go.

game has moved on yeah, but I'd rather have one of these than say an Rsport group N type chip... plus, cant be that bad, GDI mapped the Nana on one of these way back in the day and it did a 14.1 on standard 6500rpm rev limit :)