ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smokey Recaro's

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Smoke smell in Recaros, what's the best way to get rid? Bought some recently and seller failed to mention they smell like they've been in a taxi where the taxi man has smoked and tried to cover up the smell with 1000 air fresheners.

I know it's hard to get rid of fully but what am I best off doing? Will wet vaccing wet them to much and knacker the alcantara? Am I best off cleaning with a microfibre and some interior shampoo?

Thanks

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
if they are in a car then you can buy little cans which work through your aircon that get rid of the smell. If you haven't then fabric cleaner and leave them outside on a warm dry day.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They're not in my car at the moment as I was hoping to clean them and get as much of the smell out before fitting them.

I'm not a smoker and my car has never been smoked in so nothing else smells of it so one of them bombs just seems a bit pointless.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Have you tried air fresheners?

Haha

image.jpeg

I was actually looking at that as well as Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner but wasn't sure if the latter would get rid of the smell.
BioBrisk will kill the odour then use a cleaner of your choice but give BioBrisk time to work and don't mix it.

Ideally leave it for 24 hours and put a damp towell over it to keep it moist whilst it does its thing. It smells like a dentists. Proper clinical cleaning smell but it works wonders.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Biobrisk or ValetPro enzyme odour eater should do the trick [emoji1303]

BioBrisk will kill the odour then use a cleaner of your choice but give BioBrisk time to work and don't mix it.

Ideally leave it for 24 hours and put a damp towell over it to keep it moist whilst it does its thing. It smells like a dentists. Proper clinical cleaning smell but it works wonders.

Any ideas where to get Bio Brisk from? I've googled it but none of the usual detailing shops like CYC, PB etc seem to have it. I can get the Valet Pro stuff from a few places it seems.

Any ideas where to get Bio Brisk from? I've googled it but none of the usual detailing shops like CYC, PB etc seem to have it. I can get the Valet Pro stuff from a few places it seems.

Biobrisk from your local AutoSmart Rep, if you jump on their site and drop them a mail they should get back to you with their details [emoji1303]

Aye give your local rep a shout. Worst case you can get it off eBay but local rep probs be less than half the price.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Biobrisk from your local AutoSmart Rep, if you jump on their site and drop them a mail they should get back to you with their details [emoji1303]

Aye give your local rep a shout. Worst case you can get it off eBay but local rep probs be less than half the price.

Cheers guys, just emailed AutoSmart as I've not got a clue who the rep is, hopefully they won't take too long to get back to me.

I've had a look on eBay as I don't mind paying £5-£10 more if I can get it sooner but it seems there's only one place that stocks it and they're sold out.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
What about Febreeze or something similar? That should get rid of the smell.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just start smoking [emoji39]. I bet you wish you'd spent more than 250 on the seats now then. [emoji1]

Start smoking is the only logical option at this point 😂

What about Febreeze or something similar? That should get rid of the smell.

Did consider that but there's loads of stuff on detailing world and the like saying it's pointless as it's just masking the smell rather than getting rid of it.

Messaged my AutoSmart rep yesterday, he read the message a minute later but still hasn't replied, brilliant.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So still no contact from the AutoSmart rep, so emailed their customer services again. You think they'd want to sell you stuff and get in touch asap but seems not.

Anyone used the Valet Pro Enzyme Eater?

Could try this? Mine stunk and were full of stains. They came out brilliantly and smell fresh again. Get them nice and wet and allow sufficient time to dry.

Worth a shot for £3

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Anyone used the Valet Pro Enzyme Eater?

It's a good product. Works very well and it's cost effective too.
If you have or can get hold of a steam cleaner, give them a going over with that too. The heat will help to kill off bacteria beneath the fabric and get rid of the smell.
Auto Glym interior shampoo (trigger spray one) is a decent product and easy to get hold of.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Start smoking is the only logical option at this point 😂

Did consider that but there's loads of stuff on detailing world and the like saying it's pointless as it's just masking the smell rather than getting rid of it.

Messaged my AutoSmart rep yesterday, he read the message a minute later but still hasn't replied, brilliant.
He's playing hard to get. Go tickle his balls!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So, finaaaaallllyyy got some BioBrisk, no thanks to my local rep who was an absolute dick and f**king useless, wouldn't even attempt to use them direct again.

What's best way to use it? Trawled through loads of DW threads that range from just spraying and leaving it, spraying it and leaving a damp cloth over it for as long as possible and spraying it and cling filming it to keep it wet.

LY 200 cup full fat
ive used Bio Brisk at work you could use it through a Karcher puzzi or a tornador cleaner if you have a compressor,found both ways work well also buy a can of Blast from autosmart this will also help did you get spray brisk or neat brisk