ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoke when i hit 5-8k any ideas?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
when people follow me i cover them in a blue/whits smoke at high revs, think its over fueling but not sure, any other ideas what it could be?
think i may have a custom map to try and sort it

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Blue smoke is oil, you would have to be running super rich to get smoke all the a way through 5-7k!

Engine using oil?

2016 Audi RS3
Overfuelling would show itself as fairly dense black smoke, white smoke with a blue tinge is most likely to be oil.

Ben

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Blue smoke is oil, you would have to be running super rich to get smoke all the a way through 5-7k!

Engine using oil?

no more than any other car i've had air fuel ratio dropt to 12 just after 5k on my r/r printout so i was thinking the rs tuner map is making it over fuel?

340i
Its a very big poof of white/blue tinted smoke at high rpm, full throttle...

Smells like unburn fuel when I was behind you :S

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Its a very big poof of white/blue tinted smoke at high rpm, full throttle...

Smells like unburn fuel when I was behind you :S

need a map then to make the most of the unburnt fuel, might get more bhp at high revs :rasp: no point in letting it go to waste

ValverInBits
it's been said a million times, but the 5k kick is not the VVT cam timing.

anyways, my 172 burns no oil at all. Not a drop ever. So how much is yours actually using?
When did you apply the RS tuner map? Is it custom or off the shelf map?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
it's been said a million times, but the 5k kick is not the VVT cam timing.

anyways, my 172 burns no oil at all. Not a drop ever. So how much is yours actually using?
When did you apply the RS tuner map? Is it custom or off the shelf map?

i put less than a quarter of a litre in between oil changes every 3-4 months if i give it plenty of stick but if i drive carefully i dont use a drop of oil