ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed my splitter and may have done underside damage??

182 RB FF
Coming out of an Industrial estate today and a barrier out the floor came up and has smashed my splitter to s**t and also the engine cover has come off too.

Sounds stupid I know, been there countless time and all they have ever been is humps in the road. Leaving there today and the car in front swiped something and drove thought that was weird but having never seen these metal things move I figured it was just a clocking in and out measure for his company. I went to follow him out when i heard a big crunching noise and looked in my rear view mirror to see the underside engine cover and bits of spliter everywhere!:mad:

Grabbed the engine cover and that seems to be ok minus a couple of pop rivets. The ESP and SERV light came up on the way home but has since gone off again one i turned the car on and off.

Its dark but I couldn't see any other damage and nothing dripping either.

Is there anything that I should check ASAP?

Brad

make sure it's not leaking oil if it is you'll need a new sump which is the pan at the bottom of the engine that stores the oil

just make sure you haven't damaged that.

182 RB FF
Seems to be ok. Nothing Leaking, Think my tracking is way out though. Getting it sorted on Saturday morning, on the look out for a new Splitter now!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Seems to be ok. Nothing Leaking, Think my tracking is way out though. Getting it sorted on Saturday morning, on the look out for a new Splitter now!

You have probably bent something for your steering to be out straight after thehitting the bump tbh

182 RB FF
Had it checked properly yesterday and there was no damage other than the splitter and the front plastic cover under the car.

My wheel alignment was also 4 degrees out. Got my new Splitter in the Ktec deal and will be putting this back on tommorow night. Got off very lightly really...