ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed into from behind...almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
A kid on a moped rear-ended HOU ages back, but fortunately for him there was no damage. He s**t himself when I stepped out in full uniform!

Had this happen a few times. I don't get how people can pay such little attention! Especially since both our cars are bright red too.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I've seen cameras facing forward. Never realised that people also have them facing rearwards to. Makes sense I suppose.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Lack of attention, exactly why I fitted a rear view camera in the slime green machine.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Clio w*****s.

Tbh it did seem like you also slowed down very quickly, did you indicate? :wink:

LOL

I accept some blame here as I did slow quickly...I stayed at a mate's last night and a diversion giving an unusual route in meant I was looking for a turning but had no idea where it would be. The junction signage was partially hidden behind foliage with the junction, on a brow of a hill, just 10 metres behind it. But yes, I was indicating!

I've seen cameras facing forward. Never realised that people also have them facing rearwards to. Makes sense I suppose.

If I ever get caught out by some t**t I want no lack of clarity about what happened. Years ago, a bus-driving-w*nker from Blackpool scraped against my stationary car and threw lie after lie after lie into the mix in an effort to save his job. I'm never going through that again.

There was several bus lengths between the cars!!

At the beginning there was, not at the end. If I hadn't been rolling forward before turning he'd have just about kissed my bumper.

Your car's hardly in-con-f**king-spicuous now is it?

LOL. Nice.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I fail to see the relevance of my speed?

Regardless, I can say with 100% certainty that I was not going even anywhere near and certainly not over the posted speed limit. I was driving along an unfamiliar road trying to pick out a junction I didn't know on damp roads with wet leaves strewn everywhere. There was no enjoying the road going on at all.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lucky!

Too many idiots on the road, how hard is it to notice the bright f**king orange car in front is slowing down.

Even if Mark was going quickly and braking quickly and even not indicating it would still be the Clio at fault. If you're in a price of s**t like that. Clio you know full well it won't be braking quickly so you need to pay attention.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Marks speed has fk all to do with anything!!

It's up to the clio driver to remain at a safe distance. Which he either didn't or wasn't paying attention. Either way, mark's speed is irrelevant in this instance.

IMO.
This, even if it was excessive speed which we have established it wasn't then the Clio driver should be prepared regardless.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
your rate of declaration was too quick because you were too fast approaching your turn off.
can you see the relevance ?

No, as explained (quite clearly I thought) I was looking for a junction, the whereabouts of which was, to me, unknown. The junction itself was on the brow of a hill and wasn't visible from afar, I spotted the sign but couldn't see clearly if this junction was the one I needed or indeed where the junction was. Once spotted, I braked, and as Daniel so clearly pointed out as have many others, the Clio should have too having had ample time to react.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I always leave an extra cars distance in between me and the stationary car in front for events like this. The amount of times a bright yellow clio with a pram handle on the back has almost been rear ended is ridiculous.

A quashqai was flying up my arse at 90 + on the m56 a while back and almost imploded when I booped the hazards lol. Locked brakes, skid left, skid right, skid left, and under control

A kid on a moped rear-ended HOU ages back, but fortunately for him there was no damage. He s**t himself when I stepped out in full uniform!

Full boilersuit?

Nissan 350z
Time to fit some DS2500's or similar squeeling pads. They'll hear you brake even if they don't see you ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Having viewed the forward facing camera I'd say your braking was fine , from the rear facing camera it's a bit deceiving and it does look like you pullled up quite sharpish . The Fiestas brakes are obviously alot more capable than the Clios and driver probably wasn't concentrating as much as they should have been . The Clio would have had you " in the Twisties " though :tonguewink:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
This is it, it wasn't hard and certainly not harsh braking. Yes I braked late and firmly. Why?

The forward video shows this , the white sign was hidden from view, the junction itself was hidden from view, and the sign itself was almost on top of the junction leaving little time to react once you've seen it.

If anything there's a few basic road design issues here at fault.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
if u were going slower... you would have broke less hard.

or is that not how braking distance work?
If the clio was going slower he would have broke less hard.

Nobody other than the clio driver is at fault for locking up and nearly having a crash.

If mark was doing 130mph and the clio driver decided he would do 130mph, it's down to the clio driver to drive at a safe enough distance that he can stop as fast as the car in front. Taking into consideration thinking distance and braking distance.

This first video clearly shows he did neither and just did what most s**t drivers do and just follow the car in front from 10 metres away, pressing their brake pedal (lightly or firmly, depends on their mood usually) whenever they see the car in fronts brake lights come on.

It's s**t driving and it winds me right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.