ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed hub & brake question.

Low 'n' Slow
Just a couple of questions. I'm not the most mechanical person on the planet but i'm willing to learn and have a go.

I had a couple of bearings changed last month for the MOT. I was told that the hub had been damaged slightly when removing the bearing but it was ok to drive. Couldn't see any damage when i picked the car up so thought nothing of it. Removed the wheels today to repaint the rear drums and discovered this:

2010-07-24-145903.jpg

I'm guessing I need a new hub? The tyre which was on that side has worn quite quickly over the last month. I'm guessing its because the balance will be all over now?

I also need some new pads for the front discs. Are the below pads the correct type for a Mk2 ph2 2001 1.2?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....714190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5413wt_965

Suzuki Ignis
Yeah, I would get that changed.

Coincidentally I think I have a few in the garage ;) Is that rear passenger side?
I think I also have some brand new pads, Ill have to have a look tomorrow though if you can wait?

Low 'n' Slow
I wouldn't be driving on that IMO.

I can't believe the garage let me drive away with it like that. Is it a common thing to happen t hubs when removing bearings or should I take it back and tell them to sort it?

Low 'n' Slow

Coincidentally I think I have a few in the garage ;) Is that rear passenger side?
I think I also have some brand new pads, Ill have to have a look tomorrow though if you can wait?

Great, yeah its the passenger side. pm me when you find out please mate.

Low 'n' Slow
When I picked it up he said i was lucky that it didn't smash the whole drum and that this can happen sometimes. With me not being mechanically minded I believed him. Have I been filled with s**t?

Low 'n' Slow

Did you manage to have a look in the garage?

Vaxhall Zafira
I don't get how they managed to do that unless they are retarded and trying to undo a nut with a hammer?!

I would get it changed asap and go and give the div in the garage a kicking.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Take it when he said i was lucky my hub didn't smash he was talking s**t then?

Kinda, what he was actually saying was "Your lucky I didn't smash it to bits!" Drums are pretty durable unless they have a crack, found that when my neighbour used a blow torch to heat the barrel and remove the bearing and it exploded, quite literally.