ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed front glass iPhone 4s

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Just managed to drop my phone outside, landed right on the corner and smashed the glass on the front. It all seems to work ok, so am hoping it's just a case of replacing the glass?

I've booked it in for an appointment at my local Apple store, does anyone know what it's going to cost?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IIRC glass can be had for around £25, don't know what apple will charge mind due.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
aye apple charge £149 but sometimes if you get a nice genius they will replace for free if its the first time (I've had mine replaced for free before as has a friend in the liverpool store)

Can get the glass for like £25 yourself, although you stated the front glass which will include screen aswell so will be more than £25, think its like £40 for that and replace it if your feeling brave, not actually that difficult just need a heat gun and patience.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
I think i'm gonna just have to bite the bullet and pay them to do it. I will only end up f**king it up.

I'll try blag it (It is the first time on any of the iPhones I've had)

Cheers for the replies

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It is possible to do it your self but it it was me I would get apple to sort it and pay the fee. At least you are getting a decent job or a new handset.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Go in, say you're a bit disappointed as it's your first iPhone, the first time you've ever dropped it and only from a small height.

If you're lucky and they're in a good mood it'll be free. Mine was about a month ago now and I managed to get it free.

Said I'd had every iPhone since the 3 and this one is the first that has smashed. Said I was disappointed that the older ones seemed better built and boom, free exchange :D

Make sure you do a proper back up first, as either way you'll get a new handset.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Go in, say you're a bit disappointed as it's your first iPhone, the first time you've ever dropped it and only from a small height.

If you're lucky and they're in a good mood it'll be free. Mine was about a month ago now and I managed to get it free.

Said I'd had every iPhone since the 3 and this one is the first that has smashed. Said I was disappointed that the older ones seemed better built and boom, free exchange :D

Make sure you do a proper back up first, as either way you'll get a new handset.

Will they not just replace the screen then ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You've really never had an apple product before have you?? :rasp:

If you plug the phone into your computer, go to itunes, right click on the phone when it comes up and click "backup".

Then, when you plug in the new device click "restore", you will have an IDENTICAL phone, messages, last phone calls etc, the lot.

Apple won't replace the screen no, they'll just let you walk out with a new (refurbed) handset. Not a mark on it. :)

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
You've really never had an apple product before have you?? :rasp:

If you plug the phone into your computer, go to itunes, right click on the phone when it comes up and click "backup".

Then, when you plug in the new device click "restore", you will have an IDENTICAL phone, messages, last phone calls etc, the lot.

Apple won't replace the screen no, they'll just let you walk out with a new (refurbed) handset. Not a mark on it. :)

I have the lot iMac, Pad and Phone

But the mrs sorts it all out so not the best on iTunes :eek:

I've just done the backup cheers

Now Sold :-(
Fixed the wife's 4 this week after she dropped it. New screen and digitiser £40 off the bay. Lots of guides on YouTube so you can get an idea what's involved before you try it.
Took about an hour to do but was taking my time to make sure I didn't f**k it up.
All good and wife happy.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Took it down today, they replaced it for free.

Great customer service, Well impressed :approve: