ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smash and grab

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well had my first day at my new work today, thought i'd drive down as raining and wanted to be in time... wish i didn't now!
Got a call from my mum whilst at work letting me know the police had contacted her and that my car had been broken into. They stole my ipod touch 4g but thankfully left my sunglasses, portable jump starter and my radio! Just scumbags really!

Such a pain having to clean up all of the glass too as it has gone everywhere.
Does anyone happen to be selling a passenger door glass for a 5dr clio? I know it's not a sport but I am working my way there!
13647205_1071114219647657_466239627_o.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I thought an 8 year old ipod touch or whatever it was would be fine :( People leave more expensive stuff in cars!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Never good to see.

Call a breakers to see if they have a window. Or just call Autoglass thru your insurance tbh.

I thought an 8 year old ipod touch or whatever it was would be fine 😧 People leave more expensive stuff in cars!

Was it on show... :down:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't on show really no, i guess they just saw my aux cables. Dont really want to go through insurance really anyway as i'll have my excess to pay and it'll be cheaper for me to replace myself

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I thought an 8 year old ipod touch or whatever it was would be fine 😧 People leave more expensive stuff in cars!

The ipod touch looks pretty much identical to an iphone, there's no wonder they broke in and tried to nick it.
If it wasn't on show they were probably just smack rats breaking in on the off-chance.

Are you keeping an eye on Gumtree and stuff?

Chances are they live within a mile or so of where the car was parked, they'll either try and sell it online or at a pawn shop.
Facebook is always a good shout too.

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I was checking gumtree and facebook groups and tbh all they had to do was reset it back to factory and i couldn't differentiate it from all the other ipods out there.

I've cleaned up all the glass just about tonight, just need to get a window now. How hard are they to fit? Any guides?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've managed to source a passenger side glass for £10 and also got a new 4th gen ipod touch 32gb for £30 which isn't bad. Money i didnt really want to spend but may aswell upgrade whilst im there... :smile: