ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smartphone for 60+

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My stepdad has decided he wants a smartphone.

Now im thinking iPhone 3GS, but if anyone has alternatives i need..
  • Clear screen as in readable without reading glasses
  • Reasonable battery life
  • Simple interface
  • Only really needs to check email and football scores
My brother seems to think a BB curve will be better, but having used one and nearly throwing it i disagree.

Some first hand experiences would be great.

RB 182
Blackberry I reckon, much easier to use For old folk. Can't bet proper buttons, I struggle a bit with my IPhones touch scrn.

Cupra
My dad (65) just got a 3GS and loves it. Taken to it like a duck to water, even with his glasses and thick fingers. :)

ITB BG 182
For some one that is more than likely to drop it. I would say the motorola defy+, pretty much solid phone. Ive even sent a text to some one under water in the kitchen sink, dropped it down the stairs, been out cycling and its fell out my pocket and let the dog carry it across a field with the video running.

Got it back each time and it works perfectly fine, no scratch's, dents, marks or hitches.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
3GS

Some brilliant deals out there for it.

Best phone of its kind for the price. My dad wants a smartphone and everything else sub £20/month is really crap, low end Samsung/SE models.

Listerine & Poledo
Apple does have the single simplest interface.

60's nothing anyway, so it's not like they're in line for a Doro is it.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Id rather an iPhone 4. I've always used my gen 4 iPod touch at work for Internet, but have just inherited my partners 3GS. The screen is so much harder to read for someone with poor eyesight! Just IMO of course.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
iPhone or galaxy s2 (has a bigger screen).

Why a 3GS though? WOEFULLY slow. Get a four.

My builder at work is mid 50's and HATES technology, he's proper clued up on his iphone after about a month or two though.