ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small scratch on new alloys

MK1 Clio Versailles
Just had my new alloys and low and behold already dropped one and there's a few slight marks.

I could do with getting rid of these before my Dad notices and shoots me :p What can I use to do this?

Cheers

Dropped one - you great pudding :rolleyes:

try a decent polish. it depends what their made from. are they painted silver alloys? if so a good polish could help ;)

MK1 Clio Versailles
I think it is painted silver, the one scratch has revealed a kinda white undermark.

I'm so clumsy though, I mean the marks are minimal on about 3 spokes but he'll notice up close and considering he's brought them for my 18th, it won't go down well!

Does that T-Cut polish work, think I have some lying round the garage?

106 GTi
If you nail catches in the marks it is a good rule of thumb that it wont polish out.

If the above is not the case they should polish out - T Cut is not ideal I would look into something like Meguiars Scratch X. Go easy as the laquer on wheels is never as thick as it is on bodywork.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Well after more attempts this evening, the small dents aren't budging. I've tried T-Cut and this Scratch thing designed for paintwork, but it hasn't done much.

It's only noticeable on about 5 spokes up close, but all the same when my Dad comes to fit them, he'll notice it and screw.

Infact I even attempted to change the tyres tonight, but after spending half hour getting the jack up, the bloody screws wouldn't come loose on the other tyres.

Gonna have to figure out some excuse somehow!