ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small brakes, big wheels problem, knowledge needed....

Clio with v6 kit
i have a 1.4 2004 clio and because of the v6 kit its had to have 18" wheels on, which makes my front brake setup look tiny and my drums on the back even worse.....so need some advice

its got 18" wheels and 45mm spacers each side on the front and 70mm each side on the back so fitting them under shouldnt be too bad :rasp: i can put my hand through the spokes and clean all the inside of the wheel its that bad right now

best/cheapest/easiest way to get bigger brakes, been looking around on the threads and looks like the best bet would be 406 brembos for the front and a disc rear axle, sport i assume, anyone got anything for sale....

Can get a big brake disc conversion from K-tec, I'm unsure on the specifics of the rear beam, something to do with ABS rings IIRC.

Clio with v6 kit
Can get a big brake disc conversion from K-tec, I'm unsure on the specifics of the rear beam, something to do with ABS rings IIRC.

got any links mate?

does the abs on a sport use magnetic bearings instead of castleated rings? my first thought was to just buy a full rear beam, sensor, discs, cables, the lot, but did wonder if the sensors would plug in the standard loom, if its different....

Clio with v6 kit
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3613&appid=4

Still won't look massive under 18's!

The problem you have is the bigger the discs and the front will make the back look even worse, your best bet is probably changing the back axle for one with discs.

cheers bud, i know whatever i get they're still not gonna look massive but just something that looks a little more respectable, because it really is an eye sore right now, the backs was planning on just goin for a disc axle, i know there not going to look huge but at least there discs

am i right in sayin i can use a 172 or 182 but no a cup one?

and what size discs are used with the peugeot 406 brembos? as i do like the look of the calipers, as opposed to just having my standard renaults.....

Clio with v6 kit
seen some 406 brembo calipers, is there anything unusual id need to fit them, caliper frames, different hoses etc.....and what discs and pads would i use, as i could do with getting some prices

Black Clio GT
your into custom carriers/lines which wont be cheap, may as well put the money onto 4 pots which run 312mm discs i think

imo get some 1*2 calipers and the ktr big brake kit and braided lines, wont look as good as the 4 pots but much better value for money...