ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM Intake - injector clearence issue

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Evening guys,

I've just fitted the sm intake, it's a bit of a pain but achieveable for someone with basic knowledge.

The problem i'm having is the plugs for the injector are hitting the intake and off setting the injectors slightly.
I've heard there's a fix but I have no idea whatvit is, any one know?

Cheers,
Tim

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks really good. Cant help with the injectors but would recommend the injector loom goes under the inlet if that is possible for neatness.

Edit - also the 90degree samco bend - is the small pipe that comes off it blocked.

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Looks really good. Cant help with the injectors but would recommend the injector loom goes under the inlet if that is possible for neatness.

Edit - also the 90degree samco bend - is the small pipe that comes off it blocked.
Cheers,

Yeah I did have it under origionally, but i'm always fiddling with it so i pit it above for access! The car is not a looker anyway!

Yeah it is blocked, i'm going to get rid of the 90 and have it straight on the end but i need to cut out some bodywork first

Reactions: Gus

alexroberts0289

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers,

Yeah I did have it under origionally, but i'm always fiddling with it so i pit it above for access! The car is not a looker anyway!

Yeah it is blocked, i'm going to get rid of the 90 and have it straight on the end but i need to cut out some bodywork first

Tim, hope you're well! I've just fitted mine as well. Had it rolling roaded at Engine Dynamics yesterday and Andy said because the injectors have a 4 spray pattern, you can run them at 180 degrees to how they normally sit. Therefore, I'm pretty sure mine were nearly pointing upwards when I took it into him, however he might have moved them subsequently, I can look when I get home if you want and confirm? Otherwise I'm about in the morning and you can pop over and take a gander. Alex

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
180 degrees,
also spot the little bracket on the right hand side of the rail as the mounting bolts interferes with injector plug on that end of the rail
image.jpeg

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
That's perfect mate, thanks. I'll flip them around tomorrow.
I've just been emailing Andy this morning to sort out another remap for the intake.

Cheers for the offer but i'm working everyday atm, works picked up alot this month!

What bhp did you make in yours with the map?

Cheers

alexroberts0289

ClioSport Club Member
At least it pays for the expensive car parts! I made 190bhp, will stick up a graph at some point! Drives very nicely, feels a fair bit faster. Haven't had a chance to properly give it some yet, as it was only mapped on Thursday, but hoping to get out today and whip around hanningfield!

We should catch up when you're less busy!

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
190 is good! I'm looking forward to giving mine some wgen it's done! I'm off to nurburgring in a couple of weeks so it'll getva god thrashing round there!

Yeah definatly mate, i'll let you know when we next do a track day, you can come down and have a play with us!

alexroberts0289

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah pretty good for an engine on 92.5k. The ring! Are you ready for that!! Have some nice fresh sticky tyres at the ready? Sounds cool, let me know for sure.

@bloke 190bhp with the newer one. The car was 178bhp without SM Inlet. Other performance mods include- RS tuner 98, RS192 exhaust, ram air fatty induction.