ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Thats a bit dissapointing considering the cost like you say well hopefully it has survived reasonably intact....

Looking forward to seeing your results, will certainly be interesting

will update when fitted hoping for extra 2-3bhp :smile:

Maybe it's just me, but for £1000 (by the time it's fitted and mapped, probably more) I'd be hoping for more than that

Just think your spending at least 1/3 (33.3%) of the cars value, and hoping to get a 1.5% power increase

To me it's just wasted money, but if it gains you 10bhp or so I can see the appeal

That's one of the worst thing with these cars I think, power gains come at a fair old price!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi Jimbob there was a bit of sarcasm on that message i sent 10bhp would be nice

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ok just recived mine this morning. Looks a good bit of kit. But unfortuanatly mine also has a couple of scuffs on the top and two of the plastic connectors are broke into about 5 pieces... i have emailed cliosportap and iam sure he will sort the parts out for me just a bit dissapointing but these things happen when a package travels this far i supposse

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Great news mate only needing some bubble wrap to prevent this,when are you fitting yours?

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I want to do a power run first but just mega busy with work so i reckon that wont be for at least 3 weeks. Hopefully the new parts will have arrived and i can get it all bolted on and mapped soon after.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
i know there are haters on here mate about this manifold.I am not expecting for it too match the original jms inlet.I dont fancy a turbo or itbs as iam not mechanically minded and this felt the least hassle option.

Has the guys said what the benefits are over the RS2? Seeing as you can buy a new RS2 for less than this one seems odd to choose this one unless its got something going for it?

172 Turbo
Has the guys said what the benefits are over the RS2? Seeing as you can buy a new RS2 for less than this one seems odd to choose this one unless its got something going for it?
Been trying to buy an RS2 since June. Personally, I'm not rushing for one of these until the figures are proven and delivery improves!

Ex 182 owner
Also interested to see how you go.

seller defo needs to get that shipping issue sorted.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Just had a msg from cliosportap and he is sending me some replacements parts out. Top man.

306 gti6, Clio 182
I fitted my yesterday, had some issues I was sent a 172 kit so the hole centres were out on the mounting plate for the throttle body and the coil pack mount is wrong but the seller is sorting it out for me so all should be good
The car drives very well, very responsive after 3k! Would post pics but really wanted to wait till I get the coil pack mount fitted and tidy the wiring up a bit better
Will hopefully get the car on the rollers again the week

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I fitted my yesterday, had some issues I was sent a 172 kit so the hole centres were out on the mounting plate for the throttle body and the coil pack mount is wrong but the seller is sorting it out for me so all should be good
The car drives very well, very responsive after 3k! Would post pics but really wanted to wait till I get the coil pack mount fitted and tidy the wiring up a bit better
Seller has messaged me saying he might have sent wrong bits,car is in with dansjm on friday this is turning into a f**in disaster

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Any chance you could take some pics of the parts that are wrong so i can double l check my kit?

306 gti6, Clio 182
image.jpg
This is what I did, put bolts In cut them off and drill and tap new m6
Sort this out then you can fit the oil breather plate after

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Seller has messaged me saying he might have sent wrong bits,car is in with dansjm on friday this is turning into a f**in disaster
Got the same msg going to check mune when i get home not too sure what iam looking for though

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ah ok well i will check mine when i get home mine is a 172 phase 2 cup so should be right hopefully i will take a pic

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I thought the 172 and 182 engines were identical apart from the manifold?

306 gti6, Clio 182
I thought the 172 and 182 engines were identical apart from the manifold?
Think the phase 1 172 is differant cable throttle so the breather system could be slightly different
Not sure, all I know it didn't fit lol

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ok my holes for the throttle body are in the wrong place as well really not impressed with having to redrill them considering this has cost me £850. Here is my coil pack bracket not sure if this is right either 0
20150914_173224-1280x720.jpg

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i might send it back and just wait for the rs2 inlet tbh,piss poor from the seller not happy,gonna ring paypal for advice on money back later

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
To be fair to Aytug he has been making efforts to sort the problems out i have just msg him and iam going to send the inlet back to him so he can send out one with correctly drilled holes i really dont want to drill into it or get a machine shop to do it just incase it gets damaged. I will await his reply and hopefully it will get sorted. These things do happen so i will give him a chance to rectify it as i still like the product and think it will work well.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
i might send it back and just wait for the rs2 inlet tbh,piss poor from the seller not happy,gonna ring paypal for advice on money back later
have you checked if your parts are right he said only a few of the kits sent out were wrong?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
we are the only ones who have bought it tbh,this is a lot of money to me and its gonna cost another 30-40 quid to send it back,my cars booked in friday to take to sjm just a little bit peed off now to be fair

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
we are the only ones who have bought it tbh,this is a lot of money to me and its gonna cost another 30-40 quid to send it back,my cars booked in friday to take to sjm just a little bit peed off now to be fair
So am i i will keep you updated if i hear anything

172 Turbo
Yours should be fine, it looks like the research of the seller didn't take into account the 172/182 inlet and coil mount differences.