ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sluggish then okay

Trophy
A few times now when I have started my 182 Trophy and driven away it seems to be sluggish, then all of a sudden it will run normally, almost race away. It won't do it again until perhaps the next morning.The strange thing is it will always 'right' itself, without fail, in exactly the same spot, (last house out of the village!) Any ideas what it might be?

clio 172
Probably the fact they have a cold and a warm map. cold map tends to be jerky, clunky, throttle doesn't feel great and rev limit decreased. Once it gets to a preset temperature the warm map kicks in and makes it feel a million times better, or 'right'.

If it's occurring at the same place on the same journey from cold it sounds like this is the reason.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I have the same problem most mornings, causes it to over fuel and I get the odd back fire on acceleration, sounds pretty good

RB Clio 182
Cold map is 6800, warm map is 7250 iirc.

Dont thrash your car from cold its not good for it, I give mine a good 15-20 mins before I start to give it a bit.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Mines done it again after being sat for 11 hours, cat's still In place for her to pop 😂

Mine does this since i fitted a new lambda sensor, sluggish and backfire loss of power than 2 mins in and its fine

172 Cup
Agreed, sounds like normal 172/182 behaviour. Seems to be most noticeable at this time of year when the temps are between 10-20C.