ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slow vibration around 1800-2000 rpm, under slow acceleration

Hello,

well, the title kinda says it all. Let's say I'm just passing a lovely speed bump. I'm in 2nd around 1700 rpm and I'm acceleration slowly just after I've passed it. Between 1800 ~ 2100 rpm, roughly, there's a slow vibration, like the engine is move too much and it transmits this vibration to the entire car. It's not something violent, it's not something noisy. Just annoying and making the entire car feel kinda... broken :)

IF I'm not mistaking, the same kind of vibration can be experienced with a cold, just started engine on a cold day, if keeping the rpm around 1900-2000 rpm.

Anyone has any thought about what this could be? To me it seems like there's something related to a resonating frequency or something like that. Any way to fix it? Should I check something?

Car is 172 MK2
CC 428 cams
No cat
Custom map :D (anyway, the same thing was happening before the new map, it seems something mechanical)

Thanks a lot for any idea/suggestion!

-The vibe