ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slow puncture

Ive got a slow puncture on my driverside rear and was wondering what I should do... Can I get it repaired? and if I can should I? Or am I going to have to buy a new one?

Cheers

don't

depends where the puncture is, if you dont know then youll have to go to a garage and they will let you know if they can fix it or not

get some quotes before hand though as if they cant replace it they will want to sell you a new tyre there and then so see where youll get the best price for a new tyre aswell and see how much repairs would be

hopefully its not too near the tyre wall and they can just fix it

as long as the nail is not near the sidewall it can be pluged, high speed tyres should only be repaired once though . ive found large tyre companys will try and tell you the tyre is not repairable , so use a local garage that does tyre repairs .

brian

172 cup TT

Jezza i have the exact same thing on the same wheel.. but it is the slowest punture EVER!!... two weeks ago in halfords some bloke pointed out my rear was almost flat!.. slowely drove to garage to put more air in, then to tyre place to get it off and checked... no obvious leak!!.. bit wierd... then 6 (yes 6) days later came out one morning and almost flat again!.. this was last friday!!now, either someone is playing funny buggers OR im expecting to come out tomorrow morning and it be down again... if not, some mailto:tw@t">tw@t is messing around!!! argh...

182 Cup, (2nd one)

I had a puncture in the side wall,very slow puncture but i had to buy a new tyre. I kept the old one and i will get it repaired and put on a spare alloy for emergencies

Cheers guys.
Floodie: Mine is also a very very slow puncture. I last put air in it on sunday and today it is still fine. It seems to take 2 weeks!!! to be really flat. I checked it this morning and it looks fine. I will check the pressure tonight and see what the change is.

Going to have to sort it this weekend though because i do a lot of motorway driving.