ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slotted bilsteins

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had a world of problems with alignment of my 182 recently. I'm running bilstein b14s which have a slotted top hole. I also bought some eibach camber bolts to help with adjustment. Because of the slot this made it really difficult to align as turning the camber bolt did nothing as it just slipped on the slot, think I ended up with another 6 degrees of camber at one point!

Car then needed to be jacked up and the camber adjusted then resettled before fine tuning again. Took hours and I'm still not confident everything is setup right!

If I was to remove the camber bolts how much camber would I get just from the slots?

Or would it be a good idea to have a washer welded over the slot then camber bolts to adjust?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm only after -1 30. Just worried about the same issue with having to jack the car up to get less camber if it's goes too much which defeats the purpose!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
This is where one of these with alignment done the manual way works best.

Digital gauge mounted to this...

rix743d1.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Brad said you're a c**t, I told him to get you to slap standard bolts in??

He must just love rinsing you of your wares?
Surely with standard bolts itd still be the same issue as he couldnt push the wheel back the other way when it went too far haha

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
All
Surely with standard bolts itd still be the same issue as he couldnt push the wheel back the other way when it went too far haha
All he should have to do is keep tapping the top of the wheel until its where it needs to be then wang it up tight

I blame you for being awkward and buying slotted shocks?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Dont get why they're slotted anyway tbh. I'll leave it until the tyres are dead then shove normal bolts in and get it done again

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I don't know why you're using camber bolts with camber slots. The whole point is that you can use standard bolts with it mate.

That will definitely be your issue.
Wasn't sure i'd get enough camber with the slots alone! Bought the camber bolts originally with the stock suspension but then got the billies pretty soon after.

Anyone know the max camber from slots?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Id bet that you will easily get -1.5+deg on the slots, if they dont allow enough open them out more with a carbide burr. I done my cup shocks myself with a carbide burr, set them up on level garage floor using some trigonometry to -2.5deg, with the original bolts torqued to spec its never budged even after 4x track days.