ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slipping feeling on full lock

My 182 has started feeling like on full lock on reverse and sometimes on pull off like the wheels are slipping it felels almost like when you wheel spin the car with traction control on and it jumps but it doesnt always do it everywhere, only in certain places like my driveway and seems to only really do it when its cold, other than that i get no vibration when driving or braking etc. the car doesnt pull and it only passed its mot on Friday. I have the car booked in at renault on monday as my warrenty runs out on wednesday, at fist i thought it may jut be slippery roads but no-one elses car does it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks jordan.

Twin Scroll Impreza STI
see a thread i started here..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=288961

Read from post no:10 I think you have the same problem as mine. I've been told its normal due to the wide tyres and short wheel base.

I've only had my car 6 days and so i cant say if its normal or not but i assume you have had yours a while and its not done it until now.?

I may need to get it looked at. Let me know how you get on with it at the dealers.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine always does this when i've just get the car out of the garage and the tyres are cold . It also seems to do it more on worn tyres .

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines done this since i got it. always thought it was the tyres that are knackerd

Twin Scroll Impreza STI
I have 6mm of tread on the front and rears,

I really think its getting worse..

It has to be something with the tracking being off. i.e more toe on one wheel than the other.

I should prob ask on ClioTrophy.co.uk but what are the standard geometery settings for the Trophy.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't think it's anything to do with the tracking . My 182's done this ever since i bought it new .

Mine only does it when i reverse out of the garage and put on full lock , the surface is slightly gravelly so it scrambles for grip . Thats the only time mine does it , when the tyres are cold .

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
My williams does something similar when on full lock pulling out of my drive in the morning.

Mine does this too, its as though one wheel is turning and the other is straight kind of feels like its dragging the front end left and right. "They all do that sir" although I swear mine never used to!.

Da

Less
It's the tyres, 205's I've heard are too wide for the wheel base, or something along those lines ;)

Mine does it on full lock but seems worse when front tread levels are low!