ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slightly broken 182

Just in case it becomes a regular occurance ill let you know, went to get in the car this morning and noticed something hanging down by the wheel. Had a look and it turns out its the front part of the wheel arch lining, that then extends out to the front bumper. looks like it came loose and then started rubbing on the wheel and ground. shoved it up behind a bit of engine and went to see ever so professional Reno (irony b4 u start!).

guy had a look and tried to say it was my fault, told him very politely that if the wheel had thrown something up it would be at the back, if the front of the car had touched the road then there would be a scrape on the splitter. now getting done under warranty. he even hummed and harred about securing/removing what was left, until i told him it looked secure cos id wedged it in. dunno if he had even been looking at the right car when he went to have a look the muppet.

hope this is a one off :(

is this brought on by the wheels rubbing the arch on full lock? the plastic is also of the kind that youd get a punnet of strawberries in. i.e. crap

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I managed to break one of mine somehow and a mate got me one from renault at cost(£7)if i remeber correctly.Not a big deal

ian

Ad

MK2 FRS

Quote: Originally posted by matlow on 28 May 2004

is this brought on by the wheels rubbing the arch on full lock? the plastic is also of the kind that youd get a punnet of strawberries in. i.e. crap
Lol. yeah. usual renault build quality. Dont know how mine came loose. Was just the bottom of the liner dragging on the floor.

CTR EK9 turbo

My mk. 1 did it early on and had a similar experience from glorious renault staff. Ended up getting it done under warranty.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 28 May 2004

Smashed my arch liner to a million bits when I hit a cone on a trackday. Replaced under warranty :D

LOL, reminds me of when EVO magazine took their Clio V6 for a service and the service staff told them that theyd found a strange stuff within the liners which looked strangely like the stuff they use in gravel traps!!!!

Evos response we couldnt possibly comment!!!! Classic!

Huw

Clio

Smashed my arch liner to a million bits when I hit a cone on a trackday. Replaced under warranty

GOOD LAD he he he *shakes ur hand*