ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight misfire - not leads, plugs or coil pack...

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
So my car appears to have a slight misfire on cylinder 2 (by slight, I mean that it appears to be firing weakly). I changed the plugs, coil pack and leads but the problem didn't go away. Then oddly, according to my OBD2 reader the misfire shifted to cylinder 3, before shifting back to cylinder 2 again after a minute or so of running.

I tested cylinder compression and all cylinders are within 5psi of each other. If the weird misfire shift hadn't happened, I would have assumed this was an issue with cylinder 2's injector. But now I'm stuck.

Is it possible there's a build up of something in the fuel rail?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Yeah that's what I thought, but then cylinder 3's temporary involvement has made me think otherwise.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks for the help guys. I switched both cylinder 2 and 3's injectors for new Magneti Marelli ones. Problem fixed.

@dann2707 I used an OBD reader to diagnose that it was related to the ignition. It also told me the issue was in cylinder 2 (and occasionally 3!).

PH2 172
Thanks for the help guys. I switched both cylinder 2 and 3's injectors for new Magneti Marelli ones. Problem fixed.

@dann2707 I used an OBD reader to diagnose that it was related to the ignition. It also told me the issue was in cylinder 2 (and occasionally 3!).

Thanks for posting an outcome.
An opportune moment to remind folk no1 cylinder is the gearbox end of the engine.