ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight leak from water pump, advice please guys.

Clio 172
My 172 is in with Ktec this morning for a decat and powerflex engine/gearbox bushes and they've told me that there is a slight leak from the water pump. Anyone have any experience with this? Wondering what's involved with sorting it, new seals, whole new pump, belts at same time, best solution all round??? Any advice or guidance anyone can offer much appreciated. About to spend nearly £400 on it so really don't need another big bill.
Thanks in advance.

Mec 350 slk manual
My 172 is in with Ktec this morning for a decat and powerflex engine/gearbox bushes and they've told me that there is a slight leak from the water pump. Anyone have any experience with this? Wondering what's involved with sorting it, new seals, whole new pump, belts at same time, best solution all round??? Any advice or guidance anyone can offer much appreciated. About to spend nearly £400 on it so really don't need another big bill.
Thanks in advance.
Ask ktax how much to do the pump and belt

Clio 172
They've said it's just a slight 'weep' so really hope it's something that can wait until the belts are due again. Only on 57,000 and the belts were not done that long ago. Hmmm

They've said it's just a slight 'weep' so really hope it's something that can wait until the belts are due again. Only on 57,000 and the belts were not done that long ago. Hmmm
If the coolant is running out of the weep hole and staining the water pump body then it needs replacing.
If the weep hole is just wet then you can just keep a eye on it.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
It will require to be removed regardless so best just fitting a new pump & aux belt kit, i'd also fit a new thermostat while your there as the coolant will also be getting replaced, these are all serviceable items which a lot of people miss out on