ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight Key fob issue

Honda & VW
Only a couple of months ago did i replace the battery in my key fob as it was struggling to work even when standing next to the car.

2 months later i am again struggling and can't possibly believe the battery is fudged already. Some times it can take me about 30 presses to get it to register/disarm/unlock

either the battery is very poor or???????????

Honda & VW
just took the fob apart and could see the little gold panel at the keyring end of it was slightly grubby looking, gave it a good wipe, put it back together and now it's working from inside my house :approve:

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Yeah with the ammount of times you press them over the age of the car something has to wear out, the other half had the same probs so bought a new key which sorted it, but at a cost of £130 it's a lot of wasted money imo that's why I'll struggle till it's totally fooked before I buy one

172 Cup
I had a similar problem because my battery kept on popping out of its place , blue tak did the trick lol

clio williams, Ph1 172
you can get second hand ones on e bay with new blades so can get some cut. Worse case is gettin them re-programmed. only about 7 quid on the bay though, least you might get one that works better :)

1.5 DCI clio 09
my key broke before i brought the car but they knew about it basically the button had disconnected from the chip and needed resoldering, they soldered it but did a awful job realyl sensative all i have to do it place the key in my piocket and my car will unlock itself

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Two small metal contacts inside the key fob can be prised upwards - they go a little flat after too much use. I do this every once in a while when the fob starts to become unresponsive and it makes the key fob zip back into life.