ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight clearance issue

Black 182
Decided to fit my rear discs and pads today , once the job was complete i went to put the rear wheels back on and found the calipers catching the wheels :mad: . So who ever fitted the wheels before i got the car must have fitted them when the rear pads were part worn which ment they didnt catch when fitted originaly , after a trying washers and stuff to space the wheel out i decided to modify the caliper slightly.
So after modifying the caliper ( using a grinder ) slightly and checking and rechecking the clearance they now no longer catch :D
Anyway the moral of the story is always check ur offset when buying wheels, calm is now again restored in clio 182 land.

53 Clio's & counting
a few mm off the caliper will be fine, but that means your wheels are wrong offset, best get some proper ones chap

Black 182
Was well pi**ed off , was only a very slight shave of the calipers so they will be fine plus i had no chance of getting spacers for it at that time of day oh and all the calipers are a nice shade of red now too

Black 182
+1

I would have sought assistance for this kind of mod as its a moving part:S

I knew what i was doing as i am a mechanic and a few mm off will not do any harm what so ever and because the wheels were already on the car before i got it i never knew they were the wrong offset.
I didnt have much choice because i needed the car to get home as i was at work and it was too late to sort out any spacers for the problem.

182 Cup
Offset isn't always the problem. I had Rota Slipstreams in the right offset for my 182 (ET45) and they still fouled on the rear calipers. It was due to the wheel design and the spokes being further in (slight dish).

I'm a bit confused here though - surely the caliper is solidly mounted and wouldn't move out at all when new pads are fitted? Or am I wrong?

Black 182
Offset isn't always the problem. I had Rota Slipstreams in the right offset for my 182 (ET45) and they still fouled on the rear calipers. It was due to the wheel design and the spokes being further in (slight dish).

I'm a bit confused here though - surely the caliper is solidly mounted and wouldn't move out at all when new pads are fitted? Or am I wrong?

No the rear caliper is on sliders.