ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sky + recording issues

corsa ecoflex
I have a sky+ box in my room and the rents have sky hd in the living room..when i first moved back home my sky box would record without a problem but since ive had a new card from sky it wont record at all..it just tells me there is no satelitte signal..so i cancel the recording and i get a picture again...any ideas what i can do other than ring sky as they take hours to get through

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Your box is faulty mate,

ours used to do that alot, i was fed up in the end and phoned them up new box fitted and works perfectly now :)

corsa ecoflex
Just following on from this....the box is still not working,ive noticed that at the back of the box i only have 1 input cable from the dish,do i need 2 for it to work properly,sky dont really want to help as i installed it myself with help from a friend

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
You need to pair the card with the box or it will just tell you recording interrupted when trying to playback anything. Call 08442414141

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah you need two signal feeds, not sure how you had this working before you changed the card.

Just following on from this....the box is still not working,ive noticed that at the back of the box i only have 1 input cable from the dish,do i need 2 for it to work properly,sky dont really want to help as i installed it myself with help from a friend

This is your problem, the Sky + Boxes have twin tuners in them which allows you to watch another sky channel whilst recording another.

To do this you need two input feeds from your satellite dish or you will have to watch what you are recording if you only have one feed.

That explains why when you try and watch a different channel at the same time as recording you can't watch it as the sky box is using the only sky feed to carry out the recording you asked it to do.
You can watch the channel you are recording though if you wish.
If your telly has freeview built in you can use that whilst Sky + is recording if you have an aerial plugged in for freeview.

The only way around it is to see if there is a spare satellite dish input/aerial cable port free on the LNB on the satellite dish and run another cable from there to your sky box.

That way you'll be able to watch and record at the same time.

There is a good chance if the only other sky box in the house is your parents HD box, you ill have a Quad LNB fitted to your dish that have 4 ports on it and one will be spare as there using two of them and your only using one.

I hope this makes sense mate.

corsa ecoflex
thanks for all the advice....i went to maplins earlier and got the bits i needed...got back home,out onto the extension where the dish is and got it all hooked up,now i can watch and record different channels at the same time:)