ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Multiroom, Phone socket?

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Just ordered multiroom, had one of those wireless senders for a while but the signal isnt very good, especially when someone is walking around in the house.

Sky says ill need a TV point ready for installation, is that only for PPV? or will they insist its connected to a phone line?

There isnt one close to my TV in the bedroom, but I can either use an extension or put another socket in the wall without too mush of a problem, just unsure on;

A, Do I definatly need one?
B, Will an extention be ok...

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Yes and yes are the answers. They insist it is connected to a phone line to ensure it is being used in the house the subscription is being billed to. If it's not connected to a phone line, they can decide to charge you a full subscription for that box.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Cheers. Ill get one in the wall for Friday.

What do they do, run another set of cabels from the dish into my bedroom?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure they won't drill through a wall or run the cable anywhere for you either. When they did ours they just left us enough cable to run it from the dish, through the loft and down the wall cavity in my room and we did it ourselves.

Also I've never had mine on a phone socket since I got it installed and they've never questioned it, even when an engineer has been round.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know people who have Multiroom, the main box is in the UK and the multiroom box is in Germany lol, so guessing you don't need another phone line?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know people who have Multiroom, the main box is in the UK and the multiroom box is in Germany lol, so guessing you don't need another phone line?

The point of the phone line is to stop people doing this, having multiroom then a relative having the other box at their address.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
All they do is when they go back to UK on leave is take the box back and connect it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. But the idea is that multiroom is to be used at one address. If you don't have it connected to the phone line they can't tell where the signal is coming from so they charge you a full subscription for the extra box. I however have never come across them doing so.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Just put a phone line into my bedrom, wasnt too bad as there was one the other side of the wall, and my house is only plaster board...

the installation is free, but if id have payed for them to come round and give me a lengh of cable, id be f**king livid, they best run the cable or thats a complete joke..

Yep. But the idea is that multiroom is to be used at one address. If you don't have it connected to the phone line they can't tell where the signal is coming from so they charge you a full subscription for the extra box. I however have never come across them doing so.

This happened to my mum, to the tune of £800ish. Even though the box was always in the house, and installed by sky who said not to worry about a phone line. They wouldn't back down and she had to pay.