ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD question

Clio RS 200
Had Sky HD for about 4 months now but still got the old sky planner screen and was told i should have an HD one. I have seen it but don't no how to get it....anyone....:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you don't have it already your box doesn't support it yet.

Its not that great anyway.

C

Cupster

Had mine a few weeks now, old planner too.

Fitter said they would be rolling out at some point but didn't have a date. Apparently they do them in stages according to box manufacturer.

Revels Mum & Sister
If you don't have it already your box doesn't support it yet.

Its not that great anyway.

ALL HD boxes will have it. It is done in stages. They will send you a new viewing card at some point and a letter.

However as per Tom I do not like the new one. Much prefer the older!

Clio200 EDC Lux
sorry to hi-jack this thread, I am thinking of getting sky with hd is the difference very noticeable from normal? ( I have a 37" hd tv)

SLK250 CDI
^ As said, takes a bit of getting used to. I'm still not convinced that the box is powerful enough for it, seems to get laggy from time to time and requires power cycling.

LY 200
Lol. I didn't know there was a new planner. :S

Agree with the other comments. The cycling, football, cricket, etc and the movies look awesome.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I love the movies in HD, especially Kung fu panda which i watched on saturday was superb lol,

Btw does anyone else's sky+ hd box takes ages to come on? ours is really slow, and if we get a power cut then it takes about 10min before it starts up

VaVa
Yeah. On my third box and all have taken their time to wake up lol

I've just had mine replaced after the HDD gave up. Replacement box has old EPG on it and I must admit it's still so familiar.

No doubt the new one will be just as familiar in time. Since I've gone back to the old EPG it's made me realise how slow my old box was with the new EPG on it!

Depends on the box make, Apparently Sky will have rolled the new EPG out to all user by the end of August....

Samsung boxes are next and then Amstrad i think!

LY 200
Has anyone recived their new viewing card yet, whats it for?

Mines a Samsung box if that makes any difference.

C

Cupster

Got my viewing cards about a month ago, doesnt change anything at user level iirc.

Clio Dynamique
My card arrived last week, the old card no longer works :dapprove:

As for the new planner/guide etc its rubbish, slow and unresponsive. Im guessing it will be sorted with a few software upgrades.

172 Silver Cup
Had new planner on and was just getting used to it then Sky phoned up and said they had to recall my box (had no trouble what so ever with it tho), gave me 3 months free HD. Got new box, old guide which feels old and the new box plays up, freezes and sometimes get a green screen! Why couldn't they just leave it, don't fix what ain't broke!

C

Cupster

lol, some of the stories I heard they don't fix when stuff is broke!

SLK250 CDI
Had new planner on and was just getting used to it then Sky phoned up and said they had to recall my box (had no trouble what so ever with it tho), gave me 3 months free HD. Got new box, old guide which feels old and the new box plays up, freezes and sometimes get a green screen! Why couldn't they just leave it, don't fix what ain't broke!

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-hd/28463-pace-sky-hd-recall.html

Think I would have wanted a lot more than £30 credit to lose all my recorded programs!

R26, R27
my hd box stopped working was one of the first people to get it,just lasted 3 years, skys engineer told me depending what make the hd box was relavant when you would get the new software update. had it on the old one for a few weeks then it died. been waiting at least 2 months now, its a samsung

ph2 172
on my second hd box and second remote! first one froze all the time and with the new one you basically have to sit infront of the sky box to change the chanel or anything at all

LY 200
I got a message on my tv screen last night saying that my new Sky card is in the post.

So I take it thats for the new menu then.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
It will look like this mate:

110630b3bbli.jpg

Clio 182 FF
What about ITV HD you get with the new EPG, anyway of getting this as the Footie is on tonight, i havent got the new epg as yet, im on a samsung box.
cheers.

172 Cup
What about ITV HD you get with the new EPG, anyway of getting this as the Footie is on tonight, i havent got the new epg as yet, im on a samsung box.
cheers.

You need the new EPG to add ITV HD. That said tonight's match isn't on ITV HD anyway.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Mine has the old menu.... despite the manual being printed with instructions for the new one! oh noticed the old epg does have the option to add new channels manually... has anyone tried adding ITV hd?

SLK250 CDI
Boxes on the old software shouldn't be able to display ITV HD even after you add them to the menu - it's broadcast in a slightly different format from the other Sky channels ISTR, Sky adjusted the new software (either deliberately or coincidentally) so that it is compatible with ITV HD.