ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD customers..

Clio RS 200
Hi anyone new to Sky and just had Sky HD installed in these homes ...what is the waiting time.

I have been with sky since day 1 and have updated to sky HD but have been waiting 6 weeks now for installation and 2 new customers in my street have had thiers installed in 1 week, new customer priorty i feel...

VaVa
I don't know.. but I've had Sky call me and say they are replacing Sky HD boxes whether they are faulty or not.

I said I've had no problems with mine but they said they'd change it anyway and half my line rental for 3 months as compensation.

Maybe why they're busy.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Give them a bell and complain, you may get money back since you've been waiting so long.

A4 Avant
I don't know.. but I've had Sky call me and say they are replacing Sky HD boxes whether they are faulty or not.

I said I've had no problems with mine but they said they'd change it anyway and half my line rental for 3 months as compensation.

Maybe why they're busy.

Had mine changed yeasterday. It's only a certain batch that is being replaced. Got 3months free HD subscription and new 12 month warranty. The guy was rushed off his feet though, he had 5 replacement boxes and 7 new HD installations all on a Sunday as well.

VaVa
The guys that installed mine said it was absolutely crazy atm with people snapping up the offers on the HD box.

They were glad I did the cabling for them lol.

Magicman - As said above, just give them a ring.

Clio RS 200
Give them a bell and complain, you may get money back since you've been waiting so long.

Just phoned again and given me a date of 29th April for installation...
My sister phoned up as well as a new customer today to see what time she would get and funny enough next Monday for installation....Bas*ards

Clio RS 200
Had mine changed yeasterday. It's only a certain batch that is being replaced. Got 3months free HD subscription and new 12 month warranty. The guy was rushed off his feet though, he had 5 replacement boxes and 7 new HD installations all on a Sunday as well.

I know there busy but new installs before existing all the way arrrgghh... might cancel my subscription and then take it back up maybe that will help....lol

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Just phoned again and given me a date of 29th April for installation...
My sister phoned up as well as a new customer today to see what time she would get and funny enough next Monday for installation....Bas*ards

Was she given a reference number? Could be worth calling with that and asking what the difference is between you asking for it, and your sister?

Clio RS 200
Was she given a reference number? Could be worth calling with that and asking what the difference is between you asking for it, and your sister?

Spooky just did that and they couldn't explain it was just lucky they said...nothing to do with her being a new customer....:nono:

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
That's not on though, surely they should be able to look further into why yours is so much later.

Try the complaints department instead and say that you'll just leave instead, due to the shocking upgrade time.

6/468 17poo
we've been with sky from day one too, but my parents are so slack we havent even got sky+ but they want sky hd, is there much installation like new dish/wires etc?

cant imagine its that hard to run the cables?

just want to know whats involved as there pretty useless at technology ha

Ryan

BMW M135i
Had to wait 5 weeks and have been with them for a few years now, absolute piss take that new customers can get it straight away :mad:. Tis good though I must admit.

Mini Cooper S sport
Well I've just taken the plunge and ordered it, can't wait!

Will let you know when I get an installation date.

A4 Avant
we've been with sky from day one too, but my parents are so slack we havent even got sky+ but they want sky hd, is there much installation like new dish/wires etc?

cant imagine its that hard to run the cables?

just want to know whats involved as there pretty useless at technology ha

Ryan

I'd imagine you'll need another cable as sky+ & HD needs 2 feeds. I'd think they'll replace your dish as well to make sure you get the best quality signal.

I know there busy but new installs before existing all the way arrrgghh... might cancel my subscription and then take it back up maybe that will help....lol

My Dad tried that, they treat you like an existing customer if you cancel then try and sign back up. I think you have to wait at least a year before your classed as a new customer again.

Clio RS 200
4 days, exiisting customer.

Somethings not right there mate, as said give them a ring.

Ho do you know the other people in the street had HD, you been peaking ;) :)

Peaking me no I'm magic and read minds...hehe....No they are friends of mine....

WTF, just phoned up Sky to add the Line Rental onto my package instead of paying Bt as it's cheaper and ask about and upgrade to HD. I was soo pissed off coz who I got transferred to could hardly understand what I was saying and I couldn't understand what he was saying either!!
Asked politely to speak to somebody else but he insisted he coud deal with the call even though I couldn't understand him. Eventually I asked again and he put me through to somebody else to deal with my question about the HD package.
So long story, sorry RANT RANT RANT....
I said that I was interested in Sky + HD but not paying the instalation as new customers get it free so they are going to speak to somebody and send a letter out letting me no whether I can get the instalation for free, should take about 3-4 days then will no whether I get it installed for free. Waiting time is 7-10 for instalation though so don't no why some people r waiting weeks.

Took them 7 days in all to sort my HD out, saying that though I'd ordered it the day it came out. I could have had it sooner but I didn't want to take a day off to wait in for the sky guy so I waited for the closest Saturday.

Mini Cooper S sport
WTF, just phoned up Sky to add the Line Rental onto my package instead of paying Bt as it's cheaper and ask about and upgrade to HD. I was soo pissed off coz who I got transferred to could hardly understand what I was saying and I couldn't understand what he was saying either!!
Asked politely to speak to somebody else but he insisted he coud deal with the call even though I couldn't understand him. Eventually I asked again and he put me through to somebody else to deal with my question about the HD package.
So long story, sorry RANT RANT RANT....
I said that I was interested in Sky + HD but not paying the instalation as new customers get it free so they are going to speak to somebody and send a letter out letting me no whether I can get the instalation for free, should take about 3-4 days then will no whether I get it installed for free. Waiting time is 7-10 for instalation though so don't no why some people r waiting weeks.

Doubt you'll get installation free, why should you?

l got an e-mail today saying I'd to wait about 3 months to have it installed, ordered it yesterday. I also changed to their Talk package because it's cheaper than BT. I hope it doesn't affect our 16meg broadband.

Guy on the phone was Indian but I could understand him - apart from when he said our broadband 'deal' runs out next Jan. WTF? We were never on a deal, we pay £10 a month, and that's what we've always paid.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Doubt you'll get installation free, why should you?

Exactly. These type of "rants" are amusing, people forget that at one point in time they were new customers themselves and they will have got free installation and possibly a heavily subsidised box if they had to buy it.

Clio RS 200
My reply from Sky customer service manager...

On checking your account I note that your registration is showing and that you are receiving regular updates. The original estimate wait time from when you first registered was approximately 3 months. I tried putting a sale through for you to see if I could arrange an earlier date, but unfortunately our system is not allowing me to without you receiving your invite to purchase.

With regards to your comments about friends being installed before you, although I am unable to discuss other customers installations with you, I can only assume they are new customers to Sky. The conditions on our website sky.com states that pre-registration is required for existing customers due to exceptional demand. This information would have been available to you at the time you registered via our website.

You can check how your registration is progressing and whether we have been able to improve your wait time online at sky.com/myupgrade or via Sky Active by pressing the ‘Interactive’ button on your Sky remote. Don’t forget to check our (Help Centre OR FAQs) if you have any further questions

I realise you will not be happy with my response Adam, please be assured if I could arrange your installation of Sky+HD sooner I would. Unfortunately, our system will not allow this. I am sorry that I am unable to offer you a more favourable response on this occasion. If I can offer any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Kind regards

Revels Mum & Sister
IMO if you want it quickly and already have Sky + in place buy a Box from Ebay and do it yourself!

E30 318iS x2
I was an existing customer and had done the sunday after I ordered it was a good service. Even got a new dish with it as ours was knackered