ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD boxes and free to air channels

GW RS200
I've got sky plus and I just wondered what stations I would be able to receive if I bought a Sky HD box off ebay and plugged it in. Does anyone know if the HD free to air channels would become available, or do Sky need to be involved in any way? I don't really wanna pay their subs for the HD service as I wouldn't want to watch any of their premium ones. Cheers if you can help. Oh, also, is any particular make superior? I noticed a Thompson one going for a lot less than the Samsungs, but maybe that was down to hard drive size...

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sky would need to enable the HD channels, and also pair your card to your box..

BBC HD is free to view though isn't it? I remember watching the advertorial loop in amazement for it while I was waiting for sky to activate my HD subscription.

Sky's own HD package has a min 1 year contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You only need to phone sky and tell them that your box has changed and they will activate your card for your new box, you just have to give them the serial number.

It's no biggie.

GW RS200
Ahh right. Thanks for the help. Might still be worth it, if only for this years F1. Does anybody know if that is going to be in HD? I really hope so!