ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky box wont turn on!!!!!!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Pissed off, set new tele up, plugged sky box to tele which had just ben working and wow it now wont turn on, just got the atupidred light that wont go green
Anyone had this?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It takes a minute after power up to turn on. Tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? All wires in securely? Remote got power?

The above is only what sky will tell you anyway.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yea, tried unplugging a few times now, remote works, just box is red light and wont go to green even if i try and turn on at the box, so anoying it was working 5 mins before i swapped telea

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How did you connect to your old tv and how are you connecting to your new tv.

IIRC you may have to enable HDMI if you were using scart?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ive jus gt a new 40" on my bedroom wall, old tele was a old style tele, have just used the scart again as idont have a hmdi cable, dont have sky hd though so wouldbt matter?
Socket to sky box
Scart from sky box to tele
Same as on old tele but will notturn on
Also the red sky light seems to
Be flickering and not a steady light

Monaro VXR
Sometimes they can take a good 15+ minutes to come on and start working. Just unplug it again, plug it back in and leave it for a while 15 - 30 minutes, don't press anything. Then try turning it on later.

Da

Less
Try a different socket, and check the power lead is located correctly in the rear of the Sky box.

Polo GTi
You need to unplug the box, unscrew the wires(s) coming from the dish, wait a miute, screw the dish wires back in, whcack the power cable back in, give it a minute to boot up and away you go, mine does this quite a bit, usually when watching Red Button stuff.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Ive had the same problem before too. I find just turning it off completely and leaving it for a while usually gets it to work.

Hard disks failed.

My old sky+ disk went like that. Bit of googling. Bunged in a 1tb. It was something silly like £60 for them to come out and replace it with a refurb or £65 for a disk. Cant fill it up now!

My sky HD box is s**t. Only a matter of time before that goes.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hard disks failed.

My old sky+ disk went like that. Bit of googling. Bunged in a 1tb. It was something silly like £60 for them to come out and replace it with a refurb or £65 for a disk. Cant fill it up now!

My sky HD box is s**t. Only a matter of time before that goes.

lol, you just threaten to cancel and they do it for free :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing has worked again today, looks like its defo fucked! Guna hav to phone up i guess n see what they say

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, do you kbow if i have to have the tele set to sky channel as im not actualy sure whatchanel sky will ve on with it being a bew tele

If the lights flickering the power supplies fucked. Can be fixed by changing the caps on the board, replacing the psu, or it may be cheaper/easier to get a new box.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If the lights flickering the power supplies fucked. Can be fixed by changing the caps on the board, replacing the psu, or it may be cheaper/easier to get a new box.
I dont know what they are let alone how to change them lol. Sky are coming out in a couple days to fix it

SQ5
Unplug power cable from the box, leave for 30 seconds or so. Hold backup on the box and put power cable back in, wait about 30 seconds while still holding back up and 4 lights should come on front of box and do a firmware update. Once the lights have come on and says updating you can take your finger off backup!

Jap Box
Had this the other day with mine, very easy to fix.

Ring up sky, tell them the problem, they then reset the box for you there and then, you will lose any recordings, series links etc however :(

Simply turning on/off, unplugging etc will make no difference, had mine unplugeed for 2 days before trying to turn it on again and it had none of it. Give them a ring :)

Mother fucker! My sky+ box has just packed up!!! grrrh. Stuck in standby, not the HDD this time but the PSU.

Sly want £114 for a new HD box or £249 for a TB box. Arseholes!