ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky+ box standby noise

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Just installed my extra LNB + sky+ box i bought second hand.

Is it normal to make a noise on standby (green light)?

It makes a sort of dial up modem noise be it alot quieter...Is this normal?

with me niot buying it from new not sur if its faulty or not:S

Its a pace box if that makes any difference?

ALso say when i swith it off with the remote (red light) will it also still record the programs ive set in the planner switching itself on to do this?

Thanks

Clio 1.4 16v
it will record the programs yes

that could be your hard drive spinning up, it does that to record your Sky Anytime programs iirc

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine humms my last one hummed like a mother fucker had to keep beating it to shut up but my new ones less noisy

Focus ST-2
green light is on, red light is standby

ie if you turn something off with a remote it puts it into standby mode, so if its green and noisy its just normal because its actually on!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
V+ box sooooo much better than sky+ it is unreal. My sky+ box which is one of the latest ersions is so outclassed by it. Anytime TV isnt worth watching anyway. Video on Demand and catch up TV is where its at

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
^ yeah but mine doesnt sound like a dial up modem lol

Yeah its not that bad....but does sound a little like that......as if the hardrives reading writing ...even though it isnt recording anything.

Tesla MP3 2021
^hmmmm. like someone has already said it could be something to do with the anytime contect being downloaded.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
What I dislike about sky+ is when you have a programme clash, i.e:

Recording 7-7:30 pm BBC1
Recording 7:30-8 pm ITV

and you're watching Discovery, the bloody box pops up a window saying theres a clash and asks which recording you want to cancel, but keeps discovery on. I'd rather it flipped to an "EPG" style screen and then asked you if you'd like to continue watching your programme or cancel one of the recordings.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
What I dislike about sky+ is when you have a programme clash, i.e:

Recording 7-7:30 pm BBC1
Recording 7:30-8 pm ITV

and you're watching Discovery, the bloody box pops up a window saying theres a clash and asks which recording you want to cancel, but keeps discovery on. I'd rather it flipped to an "EPG" style screen and then asked you if you'd like to continue watching your programme or cancel one of the recordings.

Agreed! That drives me insane!