ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda Splitter HowTo!?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
It' probably a lot more straight forward than I think, but I'm looking to get the Skoda splitter on my 182.
I know it's a lot bigger and has to be cut down, but is there any guide about or anyone drop me any tips that might come in handy?

Sincere Regards,
An Absolute Novice

It's nice and easy.

Cut off the raised tabs.

line up the centre of the splitter with the centre of the bumper. Get a friend to hold it/use tape to hold in place.

Wack in some self tappers (be sure not to detach the wheel arch liners)

Trim the ends down with a sharp knife to match the shaped of the bumper.

Have a beer and admire your handiwork :D

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Okie doke... easy to screw in by hand? And I dont have axle stands or anything.

​THere is a convenient puddle in the drive though so maybe I could just lie in that? Crying.

Clio Trophy
I took the bumper off and turned it upside down. Was an easy 1 person job then. Bumper takes 5 mins to get off.

data2aza.jpg

O

Oakley12

I would of said you could of popped over the bridge & I would of some it Saturday/Sunday... But Saturday is my bday and I'm off out, and Sunday ill be in bed with a massive hangover.. But tbf they are fairly easy to fit!

RB clio 182
Ive had a fabia splitter sat in my shed for about 2 months. Im soo lazy and have terrible tools for jobs lol.

Anyone wanna help me for a pack of donuts/beers ?

O

Oakley12

That could work :)

I'll PM you closer the time?

​p.s. do I actually have to dance?

My wag no problem mate :).

​If you really want to do it then you can.. But you don't have to if you don't want to :)

O

Oakley12

If banther ends up dancing and/or showing some side moob, I'll come up ;) haha
Heard he likes to get it on with the tail pipe so keep an eye on your 172 Oakley lol

FLOL, mini meet outside my house FTW!!

​Ill have to tape the pipe up :/.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
We can all have a go on my 172 ;) haha.

As for filming, unfortunately im still under contract with Mens Health so any publication of digital images incurs a royalty fee.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Tin snips to cut it though? Household scissors would be better man!

It made light work of the plastic, I didn't really need any element of finesse with scissors, so they did alright.