ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skimming head

Renaultsport Clio 172
What would be the value to skimm the head to still be able to get a few bhp more by remapping the car to suit? What would be the new CR with that value?

My car is a phase 2 172, which is its CR, 11.2:1 or just 11:1?

Thanks

Renaultsport Clio 172
That what I thought!

Making the question more interesting. How much can it be skimmed and still fit CAT 428's!

clio sport 182
id assume you would have to open up the valve seats as in make them deeper on the piston head if you want to run 428s with a skimmed head,guess it all depends on how much you skim it tho,i may be wrong tho

Renaultsport Clio 172
Thanks partyboy, I am hoping someone has done this in the past to leverage in that experience.

Anyone?!?!?!? bump

2005 Nissan Navara
I woulsnt be cutting seats back to increase piston:valve clearance---counter productive really.

I would either: not bother skimming it by such an ammount as the gains are going to be negligable anyway; back the lift at tdc off; or relieve pockets on piston crowns to give the desired clearance if you have clearance issues.