ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sizes of ABS rings!

Handbuilt 172 Cup/ 1.2 8v
hi all.
does anybody know if 44 tooth sport abs rings from the rear disks will fit on driveshafts? are they the same inside diameter?

for sport and none sport driveshafts?

any help welcome
Cheers
Tom

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
im in the same trouble at the minute, they do fit but cant guarantee that they will work ok, i got a new shaft and it had a rear one fitted, abs then started juddering at low speeds. the width of the rings are different and the sensor cant pick up a true signal from the ring. they can be got but are close on £50 incl delivery. renault say they cant supply them tho.

Handbuilt 172 Cup/ 1.2 8v
So the diameter of the sport ABS rings is the same front to back, but not the length of the teeth? am i getting this correct?
The length of the teeth off the rear is 7.50mm does anybody know if this is the same for the front??

Lionel Richie
rings off the rear discs fit on the driveshafts - yes 100% confirmed, i tried a few weeks ago

haven't tried driving it, but they look identical

^ indeed,

44 tooth ring from the back will fit the front shafts.

182 use a wider ring on the shaft hence the thinner ones will work if you line them up right, or be a b*tch if there out.

A rear 44 tooth ring will work perfectly on a 172 front shaft.

26 tooth was only used on early non sports.