ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

simota fitted

laguna coupe
out with the bodged hillpower in with the new

DSC_0174-1.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

trying to get a vid but its hard on ur own

Insignia SRi
How are you finding the Simota, I had one previously to my Powertec kit but didnt really like it. Great noise but felt like it made the car more sluggish.

Such a tight fit too!!! :)

Porsche Boxster987S
looks good mate. Will this breather filter we get with it not help with the heat problem???

mk3 golf gti
looks quality mate, shame you didnt have it on on sunday, going through that tunnel you would have made my ears bleed!!

laguna coupe
gonna have to find away of getting cold air to it though cause been out to inspect and there is no way possible basically my caf now is just for show no function at all cause air is been aimed behind the carbon fibre housing and suggestions

SchwepTek™
^ Exactly what i was going to suggest.

Trim down the elbow and it should give room for a CAF.

Any problems with the Aeroform as you are not using the small L bracket?

SchwepTek™
As long as the jubilee clips are tight i cant see it being a problem. I'm sure it will rest on the subframe underneath?

A Flamin' Red one
I'd suggest padding out the coolant pipes where they are clamped, the end closest to the front of the car obviously.

The metal bracket keeping the CF surround attached the filter (with the nut) rubs and has caused a split in the rubber.

Porsche Boxster987S
I'd suggest padding out the coolant pipes where they are clamped, the end closest to the front of the car obviously.

The metal bracket keeping the CF surround attached the filter (with the nut) rubs and has caused a split in the rubber.

YHPM:)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The best thing you could do, in my eyes for performance, sound & engine bay looks would be shift the battery to the boot then drop a 45 degree bend onto the TB & have it facing down towards the wheel arch, will look smarter/cleanner with the battery in the boot ;), you think when your doing 70+ that filter will be getting full rad heat thrown straight into it :dead: does look fooking sex though! ;)

laguna coupe
yep i agree might have to see if i can fit battery in boot cause my install is there but it does sound like the best option

A Flamin' Red one
The best thing you could do, in my eyes for performance, sound & engine bay looks would be shift the battery to the boot then drop a 45 degree bend onto the TB & have it facing down towards the wheel arch, will look smarter/cleanner with the battery in the boot ;), you think when your doing 70+ that filter will be getting full rad heat thrown straight into it :dead: does look fooking sex though! ;)

Fancy adding this to the job sheet good Sir?!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fancy adding this to the job sheet good Sir?!

When your down @ the workshop will have a look at the options, either that or a redtop batterey tucked back so that you can keep your boot space ;)

James