ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simota 172/182 Carbon Charger Induction Kit

Ive just put on this induction kit and I have noticed some realy good gains from this compared to the Viper. It might not be as loud but it does draw cold air in very well. I honestly feel that the car is more responsive, few more bhp and torque added. I will post some pictures eventually for you all to see. Simota's Website link are below and you can buy from DP Motorsport on the link below aswell. I can say that you will definatly not be dissapointed with this. They built quality is 10 times better then the viper and is about £100.00!

http://www.simota.com/search_03.php...end=Engine&Make=RENAULT&Model=CLIO&Engine=2.0

http://www.dpmotorsport.net/parts/simota/renault.htm

well DP motorsport were selling it on ebay so have a look there first because i got it for £70.00 brand new.

If you want performance rather than sound then this is the one to go for.

111s
Its like thread tennis!

Think you could be right about the nice warm air from the radiator.

simota have a very good rep mate shamwe they dont get used enough and every one goes down the crappy viper route lol

these IK's embarress Vipers mate. the built quality is amazing. the only downfall i can find on these is there are no instructions but Ik are easy to fit anyway.

sm_wrc said:
Are you using it with a CAF or is it just pointing into the right hand side of the radiator?

there is a metal pipe that comes with the kit that direct the air towards the end where the battery is. I need to buy a cold air feed though.

Nissan 350Z
I'm looking at getting their twin charger one next month, the one where the open cone is placed near the battery rather than next to the engine. I went out on a blat the other day and decided to pop open the bonnet to see what the temperatures were like underneath, and where the air box is now (and where most open cones end up) it was really quite warm, however, where the twin charger one goes in front of the battery, it was MUCH cooler.

Could this be the answer for those of us who want good induction sound AND no power loss??

I'll be getting one :)

Renaultsport 220T
OLLZIE said:
there is a metal pipe that comes with the kit that direct the air towards the end where the battery is. I need to buy a cold air feed though.

Cheers mate, very interesting. You may not need a CAF, if you are getting enough cold air in from that corner.

sm_wrc said:
Cheers mate, very interesting. You may not need a CAF, if you are getting enough cold air in from that corner.

yeah but i would i would like to get a cold air feed from the ik and draw it down into the acoustic valve where the original cold air feed was.

pbirkett said:
I'm looking at getting their twin charger one next month, the one where the open cone is placed near the battery rather than next to the engine. I went out on a blat the other day and decided to pop open the bonnet to see what the temperatures were like underneath, and where the air box is now (and where most open cones end up) it was really quite warm, however, where the twin charger one goes in front of the battery, it was MUCH cooler.

Could this be the answer for those of us who want good induction sound AND no power loss??

I'll be getting one :)

It could be the answer and also you can feed a cold air feed to it aswell.

Ph1
Got to say i too like the look of the twin charger system but the only problem is to make a IK fit just below the battery it needs to be tiny and because of this will it not be too small and restrictive for a 2ltr engine?

ITG sell universal IK's and they have different maximum bhp ratings. The smaller they are the lower the rating.