ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone F1 Testing Pictures

RS 200
CLICK HERE

*** SILVERSTONE F1 TESTING PICTURES, 26 APRIL 2006 ***

At testing today there was the majority of the teams aswell as the majority of the GP drivers: Renault, Mclaren, BMW, Williams, Honda, Midland, Red Bull & Torro Rosso.

Arrived at about 11:45 by which point I had apparently missed abit of action where I think Liuzzi had, had a crash and some one else broke down.
Started of with taking some pics at the final complex of corners before heading round to the bridge into the paddock to try my luck with my Renault F1 Club, membership card, surprisingly it worked and he let me over. :D Woohoo :cool: .

Here are a few choice shots from the day:
DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

RS 200
R20GRC said:
nice pics, David Coulthard looks freaakky!!!

The pics of DC and the rest of the Red Bull boys were taken through glass. They were sitting in a sort of hard shell marque and you could see right in which is where the longer lens came in handy, the rest of them seemed to dissapear pretty rapid into the motor homes.
The drivers themselves seemed abit grumpy today either disappearing straight to the motorhomes or only signing one or two autographs and not doing many photos.
Understandable really, suppose its their hard work days when they go testing, so I guess they just want to get the job done.

Chris

RS 200
.Griff. said:
Liuzzi crashed at about 12:45

Oh right, wasnt too sure. There was a bit of a break and that was when I made my way round to the Pit straight bridge.
Thought something must of happened as he came down the paddock in the circuit medical car looking abit sheepish.

172 Cup
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Oh right, wasnt too sure. There was a bit of a break and that was when I made my way round to the Pit straight bridge.
Thought something must of happened as he came down the paddock in the circuit medical car looking abit sheepish.

We got there about 12:15 and was chatting to one of the marhsall's in his Land Rover for a while before a message came over the radio and the red flags came out. By the time we'd walked round to opposite the pits the Red Bull was being transported back on the lorry.

They re-opened the track for about 5 minutes before they stopped again for lunch.

RS 200
Clart said:
what camera u got mate?

Montoya looks a right fatty

The camera I was using was a Nikon D70s Digital SLR. Used a mixture of two lenses, although around 90% of the pictures were taken with the longer 70mm-300mm zoom lens. Mainly just used the Sport mode on the camera as I thought I was getting some quite good results with that, should have really tried some of the manual settings to.

avstar1 said:
Superb shots mate! You there all weekend?

Nope just the Wednesday. They only test for 3 days, usually Tuesday, Wednesday and a Thursday.

Chris

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
awesome mate!! i was there too, went for the afternoon testing!! was quality! i got some pics bt mine are with a dodgy cheap digi cam so i wont post em, nothing like yours!!

how did u get into the pits mate? u a member or something?

172 CUP
They were taken on a Canon DSLR 350d.

I mainly used my 75-300mm lens but didn't seem to get the closeness you have achieved in your shots.

Did you use a ladder or something to get "past" the fencing?

Si

RS 200
swren said:
They were taken on a Canon DSLR 350d.

I mainly used my 75-300mm lens but didn't seem to get the closeness you have achieved in your shots.

Did you use a ladder or something to get "past" the fencing?

Si

I was on a 70-300 lens, but I was right down at the fence, especially at the woodcote, luffield corners. Either taking it through a hole in the fence or just resting the lens on the horizontal wires that go across the top.

Also tried a few just shooting through the fence as if it wasnt there, as its so close to the lens it doesnt focus on it and just blends in. An example of this is this picture, you can hardly make out the wire of the fence across the pic.
DSC_0182.jpg

On this one you can sort of make out a lightish diagonal patch going across the picture from just infront of the cars nose, this was the fence, but it really isnt very noticable.

Chris