ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver Cups

172 Cup
Hi, can someone explain what the deal is with silver 172 Cups? How many silver ones were made? I've seen a few on the net, I thought all of them were supposed to be Mondial blue.

Mégane RS
would have looked good in white as silver already comes with the 172/182, would have been more limited

172 Cup
Hmm.. I quite like the silver. I was not aware that they made so many in silver. Blue still owns tho. ;) I'll hopefully be getting one in March.. if the right one comes along around that time.

Ford Fiesta
aye, they were called the PS2 over in france. Some pics for you peeps... ;)

hope guy who owns the silver one dont mind me posting.

Liam

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Jon R, think he has sold it now though. There is one in Staines near where I live.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
16vClio said:
Theres a silver cup near me...has lexus lights on....:dead:

f**king Loser. There really is no hope for some people. I suppose thats what happens when your mum and dad are related though...

Golf GTi Mk2
Vinnyc19 said:
yeah think 100, there was one on sale on here a while back

I bought it

Hi!

*waves*

PS Hi Jon, was gonna email you the other day just to let you know the car is still running fine and i'm over the moon with it :)

Golf GTi Mk2
Liam182 said:
aye, they were called the PS2 over in france. Some pics for you peeps... ;)

hope guy who owns the silver one dont mind me posting.

Liam

In fact, this is my car and i don't mind you posting :)

(jon_r took these photos as it was his at the time, so all credit to him)

I saw three in one day once and then during the same week spotted two more different ones. Find it hard to believe there are only 100 (feels more like 200), Platinum Renault have had two over the past year or so IIRC, they had one at Renault Poole when I had my service and during the Summer there were loads for sale on Autotrader in the South West alone in the same week. Maybe I just have a thing for spotting them!

I wouldn't personally pay over the odds for one (6 on Autotrader at the moment) as the ones I've seen sold at Dealerships haven't been priced higher than normal Cups, just maybe a few hundred more if its got Air-Con.

Ford Fiesta
pecan said:
haha, do the Silver ones come with air-con then? Or any other refinements?

yes manual aircon unlike normal cups X

**EDIT*

stand corrected, as per jon r post below ;)

Last edited:
  172 Cup
I can't wait to get my hands on a Cup. Took one for a test drive the other week and loved it. :D

172, Tiguan
Liam182 said:
yes manual aircon unlike normal cups

Wrong, they had climate control, but was an option, so not all have it!

Having advertised over the summer, I saw that 90% of the apparent Silver Cups in Autotrader were actually fakes.

MKIII 138
all wrong, cups dont have aircon just naff heaters that pass diesel smells into the cabin and suffocate you with carbon

cups rock, but the seats are gash, im getting some recliners and then il be happy

172, Tiguan
?? That makes no sense whatsoever. Some Cups did have Climate control. Also every seat in Dynamique/172/Cup is the same, its just the covers that differ.

IIRC the whole 100 silver cups thing is rubbish.
there wasnt a limited run of them as much as there was alimited run of the blue ones. They released it in silver as an option late in the Cup life along with the option of Climate in either colour car.

The only reason there are less silver ones is simply due to the option being released late in the Cup's production and also simply more people prefered the blue.

Sold my mate a silver cup through the garage I work in, as soon as he started the clio, I wanted one. these darned clio's are too addictive.

We didn't realise at the time silver was relatively scarce. Was a good buy too. 53 plate with 12k miles....I just keep selling them now.
Delivered one to a guy yesterday with a cliosport sticker in the window. Blue 172 cup, 30,000 miles. Traded in at the Arnold Clark in west Bromwich around mid december..... BT53K** Chappie was delighted with with the car.. It is now tearing up the scottish borders