ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silvatecs?

Williams 2, Shuttle
Just got myself a set of silvatecs as alot of people on here seem to have them and have heard they are a good cheap mod.
Once fitted though i realised they let through s**t all in the way of orange light, making my indicators pretty much invisible. :dapprove:
Have i just been sent a dodgy pair or are they really not that good?

Nissan 350z
They really are not that good. Mine were the same, id go as far as to say possibly dangerous. So i never fitted them to the front, only the rear.

Williams 2, Shuttle
yeah i was thinking they are a bit dangerous maybe, definitely not worth having just for the sake of a bit of orange in a light

Looking for 182
The ones I have are absolutely fine. Even during the day you can clearly see the indicators flashing.

They also look 100x better.

Nissan 350z
Right but you guys going "+1" etc, are you saying you have fitted Silvatecs?
Because ive noticed a difference between random Ebay special "silver indicator bulbs" and ones that claim to be Silvatec.

Focus RS + S3
i think the proper silvertecs (£10 odd for 2) are e-marked as halfords sell them etc and let through the proper amount of light, as opposed to ebay specials, i found this out when fitting mine on the rear, they werent that bright. ill get the proper sets in time i think

Clio 182 arctic
my original ones oem style were bright, i could see the orange flashing on roadsigns etc but since i put the silver 1's in i cant see any reflection other than if im close to the car infront and i can see my cars reflection in the bumper. nowhere near as bright bu who wants safety when they look great ;)

Clio 182
30315_440001055128_684115128_5944787_912628_n.jpg

30315_440001060128_684115128_5944788_7072642_n.jpg

Tbh mine look fine when flashing and as for looks its much better!