ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

silly question.. but Petrol light...

Clio 182
how many miles do you get when your petrol light comes on, as the numbers change to ----

is it about 20 miles or am i way out?

RB 200 Cup!
i usally get to 39 miles lwft before the screen goes blank so i would say 30 to be safe

depends if you rag it or not

Megane225FF
its roughly 30, never dared to go more than that...
*slightly off topic, a toyota avensis - when the range says 0 miles, it will still have 2 litres left in the tank.. tried it last night, it accepted 53 litres...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I work about two miles from home, and i use mine for about five days on the light, to and from work. (that is my company megane 1.6, Not my 172!!)

Citroen DS3 DSport
My petrol light usually lights up with 8 litres of fuel remaining in the tank which is just short of 2 gallons. If my mpg is to be believed then that is good for another 60-70 miles. Can't say I'll test the theory :D Having said that my old Megane would return a similar mileage if left on the red light.

172 Cup
Done 60 miles on the light before and also done about 7 miles on the light before the car cut out.. Don't trust it at all.

Should go on with 5 liters left in the tank but you can have anywhere between 4 and 6 realy due to tolerances in the tank sensor.
I can do about 80 miles I think according to the tank never checked though.

LY182/NHB CTR
I dont think i have ever had the fuel light come on.. but then i dont like to run out of fuel means i will have to walk !!!

same goin off at 30 miles remaining , never tried too the bitter end , possibly doing harm to the engine imo ;)