ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly question ... but needs to be answered Renault USB Interface ...

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm looking at different options as I want to be able to play my iPod touch in the 182 (I don't particularly want to change my head unit)

If I'm correct, the Connects 2 system does not allow you to play a iPod touch ...

I've been looking at the USB Interface that Renault (?) provide ... can I connect a iPod cable to the little box of tricks and use my iPod touch?

Also, would it be possible to plug an external portable hard drive (one without a power unit) into the USB port?

I don't think it will as I'm sure that the USB port on the box would not produce enough (if any) power to boot the drive up - but just want to check as I maybe wrong!

Look forward to your replies!

Simon

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Does the touch have bluetooth? I connect my iPhone to my Sony headunit using bluetooth and play the music wirelessly. It was a feature added to the 3.0 update.

I realise you said you don't really want to have to change your headunit, but it's the more practical way.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thanks Matt!

Do you know about the USB Hard Drive? That would be great if it did work!

Sure you can just get a lead that uses the multi-CD socket on the back of your head unit and has a headphone jack. Costs about £20, obviously doesn't charge the ipod/itouch.

Black Gold 182 FF
Cable only solution uses aux port on back of head unit- cd changer port is a digital interface so needs a converter like the connects2 or Renault tunepoint or similar. Cable method only works on update list model as the tuner list does not have an analogue audio input.

Can either solution display track listings? In fact I'm guessing the aux port can't but what about the connects2/tunepoint?

Trophy #267
alos hd seems to have a 500mA cuurent limit on whatever is powering them (most portable hd's - 2.5" sink more than on on power up)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
alos hd seems to have a 500mA cuurent limit on whatever is powering them (most portable hd's - 2.5" sink more than on on power up)

Hi Wolf,

Sorry, just to confirm - are oyu saying that portable H/D's use more than 500mA to power up?

In that case, the Renault tune point will not work with a portable drive?

Simon

Trophy #267
some do... m8 of mine tried a usb head unit a while back and got mixed results due to this, i think the 5400 drives were better, and they only work with 1 x partiiton of fat32 iirc too