ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly Boy

FF 182
So today I was changing my n/s lower ball joint. Having got the two bolts out from the wishbone i went about undo'ing the pinch bolt. During a good old wrestle with the blighter the drive shaft popped out resulting in 3l of week old g'box oil all over me dads drive (not cool)

So my question is, how f**ked am I? How can I get the drive shaft back in? I've had a good search to no avail. What is involved here?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Hang on, are we talking about the passenger driveshaft here? It is just held in my the hub? Not like the mk1's then which have 3 bolts holding it into the box?

FF 182
cheers for the comments guys, going to have a go putting it back together this eve when the new oil arrives, hopefully i havn't done any damage to the seal

172 cup
They are bolted in on pass side. 3 bolts to keep the seal tight, has the boot just come off the bearing?

172DD Cup
yeah mine has three bolts holding the seal in place. the driveshaft has popped out before but the seal keeps it in check. now when i have to remove the wishbone for anything i cable-tie the strut to the arch to keep it in place